Has anyone reflashed their 3.0SC V6 aka Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hickersb negative on the transmission tune; mainly because it seems more like a Jag/RR/RRS thing than a LR4 thing. I’m not driving my big square box real aggressive and certainly wouldn’t do a drag pull.

At this point I’m still really satisfied with how things are shifting, but maybe if I started having issues I’d try it to see if if it remedied problems before a rebuild

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@16FujiDisco I ended up picking up the pulley and tune. Quick question for you if you remember -- how long the initial read and subsequent flash actually take? I see the warning to connect a battery charger, but if its just going to be a 3 minute process (like uploading a new CCF) then, I'd guess that's more cover their butt vs actual need.

Last edited:

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on how to most easily/quickly remove and replace the crank pulley from those with the experience?

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a video out there on the YouTube’s about replacing it on the jag platform; it’s easier on the LR, pretty straightforward. I think I just took the fan off, but looking back I think if you pull the shroud too then you could probably get an impact on them. Otherwise I put one socket on the center crank bolt and then loosened the 6 torx bolts. Once you figure out the positioning it goes fast; you can prop the center breaker on something to free up both hands to be able to torque the torx bolts. The YouTube vid does a good job; I’ll try to find the link and post it for you

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you who have done the Velocity AP tune and crank pulley:

The 1470mm serpentine belt they provide is longer than stock, but boy is it hard to put on. And once it's on, it positions the tensioner much closer to the maximum compression than the stock belt had it. Unfortunately, there seems to be a big gap between that length of 8-rib PKK belt and the next longer one...like several inches longer of a gap.

Have any of you had trouble with either the belt or the tensioner?

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 1470mm serpentine belt they provide is longer than stock, but boy is it hard to put on. And once it's on, it positions the tensioner much closer to the maximum compression than the stock belt had it. Unfortunately, there seems to be a big gap between that length of 8-rib PKK belt and the next longer one...like several inches longer of a gap.

It is a VERY tight fit. So much so that I called velocity to ask if it was correct. It does go on however.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As for trouble I had a plastic pulley disintegrate. Had to replace with a metal wheel. At around 90k. It shredded one half of the belt because the edge of the plastic had failed.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for trouble I had a plastic pulley disintegrate. Had to replace with a metal wheel. At around 90k. It shredded one half of the belt because the edge of the plastic had failed.
Interesting. Is it the tensioner pulley that's plastic? Where did you find a metal one?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut