Has anyone reflashed their 3.0SC V6 aka Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It seems like I have to choose. If I switch back it will be oem checksum but will show it had been modded. If I leave it it might show a different checksum.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent thread, looks like I'll be doing the tune/pulley as soon as the price drops. I fell onto this thread while trying to research the engine knocking I hear, normally attributed to detonation. I just figured its been our crappy 91 octane here in CA. May the tune will count for the lower octane.

I love my 2016 SCV6, as it pulls better than my LR3, but it is such a heavy truck with all my off-road overlading going on. Plus I pull a trailer around town often enough. Would love to have the peppiness of my wife's 2013 LR4. Also, I just installed the EBC drilled/slotted rotors with Yellow Stuff pads recently.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to have the peppiness of my wife's 2013 LR4.
I always wondered how much difference there was between the SCV6 and the previous V8. Sounds like the 6 is noticeably wimpier despite the blower, although the 'tune' may help offset the difference. Our 2010 is fine most of the time but it sure would have been nice if LR had offered the SCV8, that would have been heavenly.

Also, I just installed the EBC drilled/slotted rotors with Yellow Stuff pads recently.
Please let us know how your like this setup. I've been wondering how the Yellow Stuff pads would work - pedal feel, braking power, dust level, and how long they last. I'm still using OEM Ferodos for now (with black wheels that hide the dust).

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please let us know how your like this setup. I've been wondering how the Yellow Stuff pads would work - pedal feel, braking power, dust level, and how long they last. I'm still using OEM Ferodos for now (with black wheels that hide the dust).
Brake feel, braking power, and over all performance is great. The dust level I can't speak too as both my wife's LR4 and my LR4 have black wheels, and frankly I don't care too much about dust. It washes off easy enough. Longevity I can not say yet. My LR3 has a similar set up except that I have Green Stuff pads on that. I prefer the Yellow Stuff hands down.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wondered how much difference there was between the SCV6 and the previous V8. Sounds like the 6 is noticeably wimpier despite the blower, although the 'tune' may help offset the difference. Our 2010 is fine most of the time but it sure would have been nice if LR had offered the SCV8, that would have been heavenly.
I was thinking the NA V8 and the SCV6 were pretty close in hp and tq; like less than 30 hp and ft/lb different. That being said, it’s been a loooong time since I drove the v8. The stage 2 tune gets you +110 hp and ft/lb on paper which gets us <50 hp and <30 ft/lb from the stock scv8.

Brake feel, braking power, and over all performance is great. The dust level I can't speak too as both my wife's LR4 and my LR4 have black wheels, and frankly I don't care too much about dust. It washes off easy enough. Longevity I can not say yet. My LR3 has a similar set up except that I have Green Stuff pads on that. I prefer the Yellow Stuff hands down.
I have the powerstop package of slotted/drilled rotors and “dustless” pads; stopping power is great and dust is almost none

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had both this summer for about a week. (Bought a 2016, sold the 2012 shortly after) The 6 feels wimpier from a stop, and part of this is less torque below about 2200 RPM or so, but I also feel like the throttle mapping on the 6 is different. Probably part of the extensive efforts to get an extra 2 mpg out of it. I did pick up the VAP tune and pulley, I just need to find time to install it to compare.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72