Has TATA Brought Gaudy to Land Rover? Answer: Yes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TATA's influence on Land Rover emphasizes the bling and gaud. Have they ruined the classic simplicity and lines of a Land Rover? Answer: Yes they have.

Do you think TATA's design would land in the Louvre?

Patriot

uspurs

Reaction score
What, exactly, has TATA designed so far and which 'features' of the LR4 do you consider bling / gaudy?
Once we get answers to those questions, we can really discuss, IMHO.

Best, John

TATA's influence on Land Rover emphasizes the bling and gaud. Have they ruined the classic simplicity and lines of a Land Rover? Answer: Yes they have.

Do you think TATA's design would land in the Louvre?

Patriot

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that the LR3 bling from the accessory catalog, and the updates which went into the LR4 were all in the works long before LR was sold to TATA.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tata didn't buy LR before the LR4 or Jag 2010 models were being designed. In fact, i read an article on TATA and they have basically let the LR design people have a free hand thus far. I will look for the article and post it.

It would be hard to "blame" or "credit" Tata for anything for 2010 & 2011 design wise. Maybe even a bit further out.

It would be great to see Tata influence LR to bring a diesel version over here. If the audi Q7 diesel was the same size as the LR4 along with some other extras, thats what i would be driving right now.

jak167

Reaction score
Hmm? Whilst thou rails against being ostentatious, a '07 LR3 HSE
Java Black/Alpaca, Lux package, Sirius seems to contain a wee bit of bling, methinks.

Like my gaudy old English accent? :tongue:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9