HD Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoosh

Reaction score
Hi all. Just picked up my '12 LR4 HSE LUX in Black. :biggrin:

Apparently I stumped the salesperson when he did the delivery overview/education. We couldn't figure out how to access the HD radio channels. Went into the audio settings from the Radio tab. Only option is RDBS. From the owner's manual looks like it should be on that page. Tried seeking through stations, but nothing comes up with the "HD" tag. I know we get HD stations here since my BMW has no issues finding them.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be totally crazy, but on my Lr4, I think if you just tune to the FM station, if its avail in HD, it switches to HD. ?? (or at least thats how I think it operates)

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be totally crazy, but on my Lr4, I think if you just tune to the FM station, if its avail in HD, it switches to HD. ?? (or at least thats how I think it operates)

this is true.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly! As I go through the FM stations it automatically switches to HD when it's available for that station. There is no separate mode for HD stations - it's part of the FM channel line-up.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is something in the options that it needs to be turned on?? I'll have to look when I go out today.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the settings menu you can turn the HD on and off. Once it is on, it locates HD channels automatically. The 2012 has an entirely different interface so I wouldn't know which menu it is under.

72offsuit

Reaction score
Hi all. Just picked up my '12 LR4 HSE LUX in Black. :biggrin:

Apparently I stumped the salesperson when he did the delivery overview/education. We couldn't figure out how to access the HD radio channels. Went into the audio settings from the Radio tab. Only option is RDBS. From the owner's manual looks like it should be on that page. Tried seeking through stations, but nothing comes up with the "HD" tag. I know we get HD stations here since my BMW has no issues finding them.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Picked up my 2012 LUX today and had same problem, no HD in menu only RDBS. I can't find it in any menu.

Hoosh

Reaction score
Talked to one tech today. He swears it is "always on" in the 2012 models. Odd since the owner's manual still shows how to activate it in the options menu, even though that option doesn't exist. Not complaining about the radio quality. But there are a few multicast stations that I can't pick up now.

72offsuit

Reaction score
Talked to one tech today. He swears it is "always on" in the 2012 models. Odd since the owner's manual still shows how to activate it in the options menu, even though that option doesn't exist. Not complaining about the radio quality. But there are a few multicast stations that I can't pick up now.

Got call from LR USA today they say setting should be in menu and to have dealer call tech support and they will walk them through the fix. Arg no idea who is right here.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
72offsuit, if you get an update on how to turn it on, if it's not always on, could you please post that info?

Much appreciated,
Hoyas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72