HD Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72offsuit

Reaction score
72offsuit, if you get an update on how to turn it on, if it's not always on, could you please post that info?

Much appreciated,
Hoyas

Sure, not clear to me what answer is, still digging.

72offsuit

Reaction score
Talked to one tech today. He swears it is "always on" in the 2012 models. Odd since the owner's manual still shows how to activate it in the options menu, even though that option doesn't exist. Not complaining about the radio quality. But there are a few multicast stations that I can't pick up now.

Don't think this is right, tested many stations and no HD symbol appears on display, only "little tower" which is regular FM. Not working IMHO. Not sure what fix is.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope there's an option to turn it off on the 12 series. It's definitely there on the 11. While I haven't turned it off on my 11, I will say it's a good option to have as it's only a little better than satellite here in Pasadena. Sounds great but it's a little spotty.

Thanks,

Marty

Hoosh

Reaction score
Pictures

Sorry about my absence from this post. Work got the best of me. I've attached a couple shots of what I get from the FM radio main page and settings page. As I mentioned before, it's a 2012 HSE LUX, so I think something's missing here...

Attachments

• Radio_main.jpg
    Radio_main.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Radio_settings.jpg
    Radio_settings.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 122

cuteytt

Reaction score
Mine looks just like Hoosh's pictures above. '12 HSE with SAT but non-LUX.

ETA: also minus "Rear media"

Last edited:

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the response from my dealer...not going to be able to try it out for a few days since I'm traveling. Let me know if this works for anyone.

"If you select Audio/Video function and you are playing the radio; select the settings menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen and an option will pop up to turn HD on and off."

Update: after posting this I realized this answer does nothing for us. For some reason I was thinking he meant touching the clock, which brings up a whole different menu altogether.....back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

72offsuit

Reaction score
Here is the response from my dealer...not going to be able to try it out for a few days since I'm traveling. Let me know if this works for anyone.

"If you select Audio/Video function and you are playing the radio; select the settings menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen and an option will pop up to turn HD on and off."

Update: after posting this I realized this answer does nothing for us. For some reason I was thinking he meant touching the clock, which brings up a whole different menu altogether.....back to the drawing board.

Your dealer must be related to mine, lol.

72offsuit

Reaction score
I put in a call to LR USA yesterday. Explained situation that my 2012 and others online do not have HD on/off button in menu, etc. Asked them to investigate and come back with findings. They claim they have not had other calls like mine. Might be worth a call to help get them going on solution.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I talked to my dealer and he told me he was going to call LR USA. He ended up getting a similar response that they haven't heard of anything yet regarding HD radio complaints. I wonder if LR USA thinks that if they say they haven't heard of a problem enough if they start to believe that there actually isn't a problem. Anyways, my dealer, who is being helpful and actually trying to figure this thing out for me, started looking into some of the spec sheets from my car and confirmed that I in fact do have the HD/Sat Radio package, but after further investigation...get ready for it....not all of the parts were installed. He asked me to bring it in so that the service people can check to see if/what parts are missing.

My guess on how this thing will go is that I have to drop my car off and they inspect, say yes there are missing parts and then have to deal with the people at LR USA to get the part in and then install it.

As always, any other input from those out there with the same issue is welcomed and appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo