HD Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72offsuit

Reaction score
Alright, I just got off the phone with my dealer. Looks like LRNA is finally aknowledging that this is a problem. My dealer has been looking into this issue for about a month now. Dealer claims that a bulletin was just put out regardin the issue (don't know bulletin #). He said it is a relatively easy software update that should take ~45 mins. I will likely look into setting something up in the next week or two and will report back. Anyone else with this problem should contact their dealer and have them look into this as well. Good luck

Nice work, glad I am not dying and dependent on LRNA to respond quickly to bring me back to life, lol. Keep us HDless 12ers updated.

Last edited:

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked mine. I'm HD-less also (despite having paid for that option).

marijono

Reaction score
I've been wondering why my 12 HSE-Lux does not have the HD or Satellite option on the screen (can't even enable Sirius), even though the sticker said the car comes with it. I called the Sales person and he indicated that there is a service bulletin for it, and i'm scheduled to visit them next Tuesday to get the update.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine updated today. I think it is called the Q180 HD Radio update or something of that sort. It works wonderfully now. Being my first HD radio, I'm surprised at how many of the local channels broadcast in HD.

marijono

Reaction score
Thanks Bash535i. Does the update also enable the Sirius Satellite radio as well?

72offsuit

Reaction score
I had mine updated today. I think it is called the Q180 HD Radio update or something of that sort. It works wonderfully now. Being my first HD radio, I'm surprised at how many of the local channels broadcast in HD.

Just called my dealer they now see update Q180 HD and are checking what is involved. Sad we have to do so much leg work to correct problem.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bash535i. Does the update also enable the Sirius Satellite radio as well?

I'm not sure what the update will do for your Sirius. My Sirius was unchanged because it has always worked.

marijono

Reaction score
Interesting... Mine did not show any Sat Radio option even though I paid for it and the sticker shows it should have it. Hopefully the Tuesday visit will fix them both!

kdegLR4

Reaction score
Had my 2012 HSE into the PDX dealer today for roof rails. When I dropped it off I casually mentioned that I didn't seem to have HD radio functional. When I picked up the freshly washed beast, the repair invoice listed "Q180 HD RADIO UPDATED" as well as "Q166 TAILGATE RELEASE BUTTON, CAUSE : T19" followed by "RECONFIGURE CELLULAR MODULE".

All in all, pleasant and easy experience with no fuss, and HD now shows up on the radio. Anyone have any insight regarding the tailgate release/cellular module? I hadn't noticed anything myself.

marijono

Reaction score
Just returned from the dealer to get Q180 HD Radio Updated. So HD is ON!!!
But the SAT Radio button is still not showing up. The dealer is going to order new parts/modules for it.
I also have them order a new tailgate button also, so it may come all at once.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72