HD Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, has anyone with a '12 activated their satellite radio? Any problems, does it work, etc.?

72offsuit

Reaction score
So...I talked to my dealer and he told me he was going to call LR USA. He ended up getting a similar response that they haven't heard of anything yet regarding HD radio complaints. I wonder if LR USA thinks that if they say they haven't heard of a problem enough if they start to believe that there actually isn't a problem. Anyways, my dealer, who is being helpful and actually trying to figure this thing out for me, started looking into some of the spec sheets from my car and confirmed that I in fact do have the HD/Sat Radio package, but after further investigation...get ready for it....not all of the parts were installed. He asked me to bring it in so that the service people can check to see if/what parts are missing.

My guess on how this thing will go is that I have to drop my car off and they inspect, say yes there are missing parts and then have to deal with the people at LR USA to get the part in and then install it.

As always, any other input from those out there with the same issue is welcomed and appreciated.

That is what I asked LR USA is it a software fix or hardware. To be honest if just a download no problem go ahead. If it involves ripping out unit etc not sure I care enough to take the risk

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I asked LR USA is it a software fix or hardware. To be honest if just a download no problem go ahead. If it involves ripping out unit etc not sure I care enough to take the risk

My thoughts exactly. Never had HD radio, so not really sure what I'm missing, but the radio thats in there sounds prett good. I ended up asking the dealer to check on their stock when they get one in with HD before I make the trip there to be the guinea pig.

Hoosh

Reaction score
I will call my dealership and see if I can get them to contact LR USA as well. I'm starting to think the HD channels aren't worth this much trouble.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2011 LR4. When I have HD radio on, it usually takes a couple of seconds for the HD signal to lock. So I'll tune to a station, and it will be in non-HD for a couple of seconds, then when the HD locks in, I can hear a difference in the sound quality -- a little clearer and less hissy. And sometimes when I'm listening to a football or baseball game, there's even a several second delay in the broadcast in HD (I'll hear the same play repeated when the HD kicks in).

While I can tell the sound difference when it switches, the quality difference isn't all that big with HD on. I use it because I have it, and it does sound better. But if I didn't have HD radio, I wouldn't miss it.

72offsuit

Reaction score
I have the 2011 LR4. When I have HD radio on, it usually takes a couple of seconds for the HD signal to lock. So I'll tune to a station, and it will be in non-HD for a couple of seconds, then when the HD locks in, I can hear a difference in the sound quality -- a little clearer and less hissy. And sometimes when I'm listening to a football or baseball game, there's even a several second delay in the broadcast in HD (I'll hear the same play repeated when the HD kicks in).

While I can tell the sound difference when it switches, the quality difference isn't all that big with HD on. I use it because I have it, and it does sound better. But if I didn't have HD radio, I wouldn't miss it.

When it kicks on do you see an HD symbol in the display?

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it kicks on do you see an HD symbol in the display?
Yes there is an "HD" symbol next to the station -- well usually. Sometimes the HD symbol won't show up. If I toggle back and forth between FM/AM, usually it'll clear that problem. But yeah, in general, there would be an HD symbol next to the station.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I just got off the phone with my dealer. Looks like LRNA is finally aknowledging that this is a problem. My dealer has been looking into this issue for about a month now. Dealer claims that a bulletin was just put out regardin the issue (don't know bulletin #). He said it is a relatively easy software update that should take ~45 mins. I will likely look into setting something up in the next week or two and will report back. Anyone else with this problem should contact their dealer and have them look into this as well. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72