head light and parking light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aralex

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to change the little clearance light bulb in the LH front light assy. on a 2007 HSE V8 LR3?
Thanks.

Last edited:

aralex

Reaction score
parking light bulb

Thanks to anyone who may have responded, but I did a little studying and figured out how to remove the bulb. Really pretty easy. I like the "modular" design.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yellow lens bulb?

Sounds like you have succeeded already but I wondered if the bulb you were referring to is the one on the side behind the yellow lens part.

If so, that bulb is a W3W bulb and not a W5W - both look the same but the 5 watt bulb makes more heat and melts itself into the surround. In other words, brighter and hotter is not better.

Guess how I know? My excuse is that LR has mis-packaged the bulbs but the writing on the glass tells the story. One has to read what is written on the glass of the each bulb to be certain.

aralex

Reaction score
Thanks BBYER, the bulb that was bad was the one behind the clear linze, a little one. I couldn't see any numbers on it, so I may have put in one too hot. I will double check that.
Thanks again.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
W5W for the clear lens is OK.

You will be OK; the 5 watt W5W bulb is the correct one for the front facing clear lens section of the headlight assembly. Some guys are using bulbs with the silver coating just for daytime looks. I would tend to stick with the LR supplied bulb however.

Re melting, it is the sidewards yellow and at the rear, the red "clearance" lights that require the cooler W3W bulb. Actually these sidewards bulbs may be good candidates for LED bulbs as you cannot see the bulb and the amount of light and colour does not matter much.

One has to be careful about where one puts a LED bulb however as sometimes the diagnostics of the computers picks up the LED and sees it as a fault. This is particularily true of the signal light, tail light, and brake light bulbs. For those, I suggest you purchase genuine LR bulbs as off shore or LED can really foul up the computers.

The file re the P21/5 bulbs in the link below may be of interest.

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5082

Where the ***** is, insert disco3 co uk and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

rainandsun

Reaction score
it's easy to replace the tail light. you need to have some manual or have it on some guide on auto md for the replacing tail light.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer