Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brooksie055

Reaction score
If things couldn't get any worse, my wife calls me at work today and tells me the Range Rover won't start. I figure maybe the battery went dead, I got home from work and tried starting it and got a clicking sound and a bunch of beeping, even the horn would start beeping. I tried jumping to no avail. I'm getting these error messages on the dash, Gearbox Fault, Traction Failure, ABS Failure. It's a 2001 4.6 SE. Thanks in advance.

LR_TANK

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with my new 99 RR 4.0 (i'm still getting used to the "upgrades" that it has over my 96 Disco) i left it outside over the night and the vegas weather doesnt help that much so im gonna try to work on it at the night but from what i have read its the battery so im gonna try to change the battery and see if that helps

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the battery is dead. Jumping may or may not help...

brooksie055

Reaction score
I unhooked the battery and cleaned it, then put jumpers on it and still no luck. Then engine doesn't even attempt to start, just the clicking noise, I get clicking noises everywhere, even from the back of the vehicle.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have your battery tested

brooksie055

Reaction score
Thanks Joey!!! I brought the battery in and it was junk, bought a new one and she started right up, now if I could just get the windows to work.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help there, but I would start by cleaning the window switches... there is an odd chance the window ECU has a bad solder joint...

But this normally just effect the rear windows.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey!!! I brought the battery in and it was junk, bought a new one and she started right up, now if I could just get the windows to work.

I don't remember the exact steps to take, but in your owners manual is a step by step on resetting the windows and other accessories after replacing a battery.

brooksie055

Reaction score
I don't remember the exact steps to take, but in your owners manual is a step by step on resetting the windows and other accessories after replacing a battery.
The window problem actually happened prior to the battery, i wrote a thread on it but the windows just stopped working one day, I checked all the fuses, took the panel out and inspected, cleaned. Nothing was spilled in it. The green led lights up so it's getting power.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635