Hey Now! Brought home my LR3 Monday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

Islander473

Greetings RWO. We just picked up a silver 2005 SE dealer demo w/low miles on Monday and I couldn't be happier. Like the website says, the minute I took it out on a test drive I should have stopped looking. Instead I spent three weeks looking at Commanders, Armadas and Navigators. Monday I called the sales guy and told him to fax over the application and have the LR3 cleaned and gassed for a 6pm take home. I still waited all week to drive it to work, man was it worth it. Most surefooted SUV I've driven w/power to spare and it's great not to see anything else like it during the 20 mile trek.

Couple wrinkles: At work the parking garage has several low hanging pipes and I needed to maneuver extreeemely carefully to avoid a disaster -- at access height of course. Even at access height the LR is eight inches taller than my old Montero. Scary indoors.

Next wrinkle is I got a call from the LR finance mgr saying he couldnt get me the promised 4.95% since I was a new member of the credit union they signed me up with. Had to go 5.05% instead. Not much difference per month but I didnt like the feeling. Anyone else had this happen at LR or anywhere else? It's a first for me.

Anyway Im looking forward to many convos with other LR3 owners out there!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats, and I am sure you will injoy the LR3.

Yep had something similar with finiancing happen to me before... No biggie. If you haven't signed anything yet, go to www.capitalone.com and get a loan via them.

I

Islander473

Thanks Joey

I was back at the dealer today to pick up floormats but also to talk to the finance mgr. He can't do better than 5.05. Since that's actually lower than my own credit union I'll eat it and smile.

Ah well, George Mason just lost it. I think I have time to watch the owners DVD. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99