HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's odd. when you turn on the hids, both sides dont fire? Did you flip the polarity?

yep, neither side does work on the HID mod

and I actually tried different combinations to root out any possible causes

such as switching to different sides, switching the polarity, switching between the bulb and ballast.

someone here sent me a PM also saying the same failure on his 2010 LR4 HSE also.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, neither side does work on the HID mod

and I actually tried different combinations to root out any possible causes

such as switching to different sides, switching the polarity, switching between the bulb and ballast.

someone here sent me a PM also saying the same failure on his 2010 LR4 HSE also.

Weird. Did you turn on the engine before turning on the lights? From past experience some ballasts need a little priming before it fires. Our car without the engine on does not send enough juice to the ballast initially, resulting in misfires.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. Did you turn on the engine before turning on the lights? From past experience some ballasts need a little priming before it fires. Our car without the engine on does not send enough juice to the ballast initially, resulting in misfires.

yes, I started the engine first since if I do not start the engine

the low beam won't be on even I turn the light knob to low beam position

, and only the side marker light would be on.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I started the engine first since if I do not start the engine

the low beam won't be on even I turn the light knob to low beam position

, and only the side marker light would be on.

When you turn on your car without turning on the engine, you can turn on the stock lights without issues, right?

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you turn on your car without turning on the engine, you can turn on the stock lights without issues, right?

nope, if engine is not on but the car is Acc on, the low beam is off but only the side marker is on even i turn the light knob to low beam on position.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, if engine is not on but the car is Acc on, the low beam is off but only the side marker is on even i turn the light knob to low beam on position.

that's not supposed to happen.... Something is definitely off there. What happens when you hit the head light switch on your keyfob with the car off?

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's not supposed to happen.... Something is definitely off there. What happens when you hit the head light switch on your keyfob with the car off?

good question, actually i have not paid attention to this

i am currently away from my car even i am in moab ut, so i will let you know when i am back next mid week

thanks for your help

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i am back and tested ot turn on the headlight using keyfob while the engine is off

the result is the low beam can be on using the keyfob

any idea?

thanks

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am back and tested ot turn on the headlight using keyfob while the engine is off

the result is the low beam can be on using the keyfob

any idea?

thanks

alright, that's correct behavior. the last test is to see if you can turn on the headlight with the car on, engine off, by using your light switch. previously you said you couldnt, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA