2013 to 2014 Face Lift Headlight Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something not right. In Canaada our headlights at full power are the DRL option so the bi xenons are on constantly. I replaced my 2010 bulbs in 2016 as a precaution but have never had one burn out otherwise.
Agreed. I have my DRLs in the Canadian setting, and have never burned out a bulb. I had one explode on my early in my ownership but have had zero problems since.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks CRYA. That's great advice. I'm street legal and can see just fine. Just thought I would get better performance, that's all. Given what you're telling me, I'll stop chasing my tail.

Got few other items up higher on my wish list right now. Roof rack and tow package are at the top. Been thinking about getting one of those paint pens from British Atlantic to touch up a few minor scratches and chips. Don't know if anyone has any experience with those. I like the fact they can match the Santorini Black color.

There's also the windshield, I brought it to the glass shop and they confirmed it was a hack job with non-OEM glass done by the last owner. They think I could get away with putting in a glass claim because the entire surface of the glass has a lot of minor pits that could be said to generally obstruct the view (especially with the sun in my eyes). They even said they would throw in the cowling at the bottom of the windshield (mine is discolored to a washed out grey).

The main issue with the windshield is that it makes a mild buffeting noise at freeway speeds. The glass folks checked the pillar covers and said they seemed pretty solidly in place. I'm almost sure the sound is due to there being a gap at the top of the windshield on the passenger's side (about 1/8th inch high and running about 6 inches horizontally along the top of the glass where it connects to the cabin). Either that, or it might be the cowling at the bottom. They could flap that around pretty good when they were examining it.

Not sure I am going to put in a glass claim quite yet, I know I will need to at some point soon.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost sure the sound is due to there being a gap at the top of the windshield on the passenger's side (about 1/8th inch high and running about 6 inches horizontally along the top of the glass where it connects to the cabin). Either that, or it might be the cowling at the bottom. They could flap that around pretty good when they were examining it.
You can take masking tape and seal off the windshield where you think the noise is coming from.
On the cowl. It shouldn't be raised off the windshield at all. When it rains, water will enter the cabin through the pollen filter opening. Best to replace it.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know that *itchin' sound system? Well, it **it the bed tonight as well. Then I was somehow able to get it to turn back on. After that, it acted normally. The question is, "Why did it stop working?" and "Why did it start working again?" It's always something... and it's rapidly getting old.

The other thing that happened is I walked past the front of the vehicle heading to the house and as I was crossing the passenger's front headlight the tire turned (or maybe that corner of the vehicle lowered). It was spooky and not the first time something like that has happened. I don't know if there is a sensor or something that I am triggering as I pass by the vehicle, but I'm not imagining it. Whatever it is, it's real.

I also think the parking brake didn't catch as solidly as it normally does. My driveway is on an upslope and I got a little closer to the garage door than I like, so I rolled it back in neutral, put it in park and then set the parking brake. When I took my foot off the brake, the rig rolled back a bit. Usually it holds fast, so that rolling when the parking brake is on is something new.

If it were just one thing and you could fix it and move on, that would be okay. But it seems like an unfolding series of things.

My next angle of attack is to go into the programs menu and turn off as much of the "nanny" features as I can. I don't need it. I don't want it. It takes control out of my hands and puts it into an automated system that can't even be relied upon to keep a radio running.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of little issues when I started with mine (still have many more issues to resolve...), finickity stuff that was annoying! Part of what made it mine was working through these issues... Hang tough you will get there! Figure out what's important and start there; don't sweat the smaller stuff! My ToDo list:

- Front and rear crossovers
- Timing chains
- Change the front and rear diff fluids
- Change the transfer case fluid
- Check the sunroof drain pipes

I will likely try and do the first two at the same time!... By the way, one of my issues was the radio unit, I found a new one on Ebay ($105) and replaced the old one (which had been soaked in soda!). It's not a terrible job once you know how to do it. YouTube was my friend!

alldazed

Reaction score
I’ve had the radio issue several times in three years along with a crackling but no radio once . It’s the logic 7 system in a 2011 RRS . First time was in the early days of ownership when I would freak out and get stressed over anything out of the norm. Now I just find a Tim’s or Mac Donald’s , turn the engine off and grab a coffee and come back and it’s resolved itself. As long trail says don’t sweat the small stuff. I saved my energies for a water pump and a coolant leak. The stuff that doesn’t fix itself.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Longtrail and alldazed. Sound advice.

I would never have gotten this far without the help and support of this forum. After the first half-dozen issues with lights flashing and things not working and water dripping into the cabin and the battery going dead, I would have just said, "I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's falling apart."

Inevitably, someone will jump in and say something like, "Oh, that's just the whatchamacallit" and it turns out to be a nothing burger. Thanks again for all your help.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so after ignoring the issue for a while, my euro beams are blinding oncoming traffic to the extent I was flashed three separate times on a 5 mile drive yesterday evening. How the heck do I adjust these beams down?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut