HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, that's correct behavior. the last test is to see if you can turn on the headlight with the car on, engine off, by using your light switch. previously you said you couldnt, right?

i said i coukd not, but i will give it another try this adternoon

this morning i tried to turn on headlight using light switch when engine off and car off, it won't work

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i said i coukd not, but i will give it another try this adternoon

this morning i tried to turn on headlight using light switch when engine off and car off, it won't work

whao.... so the behavior isnt consistent? i am not sure where the fault is. is your car still under warranty?

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whao.... so the behavior isnt consistent? i am not sure where the fault is. is your car still under warranty?

NO NO NO

I have to make it clear since I was typing on phone

I can use keyfob to turn on headlight when car off (engine off), confirmed this morning

I CAN NOT use light switch to turn on headlight when car off (engine off), confirmed this morning

I COULD NOT use light switch to turn on headlight when car on but engine off, my memory told me that I confirmed before, I NEED TO RE-Confirm this this afternoon

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I can use keyfob to turn on headlight when car off (engine off), confirmed this morning

I CAN NOT use light switch to turn on headlight when car off (engine off), confirmed this morning

OK here comes the inconsistency

I CAN use light switch to turn on headlight when car on but engine off,
However, I think I once did this test before (car on but engine of) but headlight won't turn on

any thoughts that may come to you?
thanks

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OK here comes the inconsistency

I CAN use light switch to turn on headlight when car on but engine off,
However, I think I once did this test before (car on but engine of) but headlight won't turn on

any thoughts that may come to you?
thanks

The last item, as long as it's consistent you should be fine. Just make sure you have it on ON instead of Auto.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last item, as long as it's consistent you should be fine. Just make sure you have it on ON instead of Auto.

I now can be 200% sure the last testing item is consistent

I think I made some mistake before that I turned the car ON (engine off) and then took the smart key with me going to the front to check the light

the car then thought smart key not detected, turning itself off (since it was in day time , so I did not notice the change of light) so I can see only the side marker

HERE is my original question:

looks like the car with stock bulb is working as it should be, why I am having problems with the HID upgrade while all you guys succeeded?

Thanks

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now can be 200% sure the last testing item is consistent

I think I made some mistake before that I turned the car ON (engine off) and then took the smart key with me going to the front to check the light

the car then thought smart key not detected, turning itself off (since it was in day time , so I did not notice the change of light) so I can see only the side marker

HERE is my original question:

looks like the car with stock bulb is working as it should be, why I am having problems with the HID upgrade while all you guys succeeded?

Thanks

not sure at all. the DDM kit is a bit sensitive when you first install it, i think. just need to make sure the car is ON before turning on the HIDs for the first time.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure at all. the DDM kit is a bit sensitive when you first install it, i think. just need to make sure the car is ON before turning on the HIDs for the first time.

thanks for all your advice, will try it over the weekend

thanks again

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tried this morning

put the HID on one side and the stock bulb the other

made sure car on before turn the light switch to ON

the stock side light on, but the HID still off

switched the polarity and ballast

I think this could conclude, right?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried this morning

put the HID on one side and the stock bulb the other

made sure car on before turn the light switch to ON

the stock side light on, but the HID still off

switched the polarity and ballast

I think this could conclude, right?

Do you hear the ballast click? When you turn it on you should be able to hear a few fast clicks. If not it might be a dead ballast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA