HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hear the ballast click? When you turn it on you should be able to hear a few fast clicks. If not it might be a dead ballast.

:stupid:

I did not hear the click for either of the two ballast, forgot about the DOA issue

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is Canbus kit a must?

That's the kit that connects directory to the battery? If so, I've found that it's a must for our car during cold weather. In cold weather (under 30 degrees) our car does not fire strong enough to ignite the ballast, often failing to prime the ballast and fire the light. But when connected to the battery this appeared to have fixed the problem.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the kit that connects directory to the battery? If so, I've found that it's a must for our car during cold weather. In cold weather (under 30 degrees) our car does not fire strong enough to ignite the ballast, often failing to prime the ballast and fire the light. But when connected to the battery this appeared to have fixed the problem.

not really, from what I see from the pic

the canbus kit is similar to regular kit, but it is said to integrated some canbus decoder inside the ballast

the DDM said they can refund me the regular kit and use that credit for a canbus kit (of coz, I have to pay extra), but I can keep that regular kit for free

hard decision.....

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really, from what I see from the pic

the canbus kit is similar to regular kit, but it is said to integrated some canbus decoder inside the ballast

the DDM said they can refund me the regular kit and use that credit for a canbus kit (of coz, I have to pay extra), but I can keep that regular kit for free

hard decision.....
Hmmmm... I have no idea actually. Give it a try. :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA