Hood sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the metal piece that I need to bend upward on my hood sensor to get rid of the "open bonnet" message and alarm?

Attachments

• Hood sensor edit.jpg
    Hood sensor edit.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 111

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off putting aluminum foil in the 'open bonnet' wiring harness. Just unplug it, throw some al foil in there and plug it back in. It takes about 20 seconds and so far has been fool proof. I tried fiddling with adjusting catches and whatnot on the hood and ultimately it always failed.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks roverman. I'll give it a try.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off putting aluminum foil in the 'open bonnet' wiring harness. Just unplug it, throw some al foil in there and plug it back in. It takes about 20 seconds and so far has been fool proof. I tried fiddling with adjusting catches and whatnot on the hood and ultimately it always failed.

could you please tell me how to do this? I would assume you remove the grill, then what?

I am having the same issue, and its really annoying... and also an issue with my Gas Tank cap sensor saying my cap is open (at least that doesn't set off the alarm)

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much for the aluminum...
Mine started honking again, put in a new piece of foil and no worky. Does anyone know if I can just splice the two wires that go into the sensor together? I suppose I could just buy a new part, but just don't see the need for it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind, paperclip works fine. Should have done that in the first place in fact.

0cool

Reaction score
So what is the issue with just disconnecting the hood sensor from the passenger side latch all together?

0cool

Reaction score
nevermind figured that out... paper clip fix it is.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM