How do I remove Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2001 Discovery II and I want to remove the radio so that I can use the professional install kit for my sirius. I am currentally using a tape cassette to use it and therefore I cant use my cigerette lighter for the cell phone charge plus I am constally blowing the fuse if I use a 2 in one thing to plug them both in together. I already called and have the radio code for after I put it back together but dont see how to remove it without the special tool that I can not locate.

Celeste

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jig saw blades

I don't know about the 2001 but the 2000 that I have has two slots at the top of the radio. If you take two jig saw (saber saw) blades and insert one in each slot, push them in almost all the way and leave them. Then very carefully pry around the radio, there is a rubber grommet in the back you have to break loose. Use gentle and steady pressure to remove the radio. Don't unhook the power unless you have the unlock code.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635