How good is the a/c in hot climates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

alsaamike

Trying to decide between an LR3 and RRS.
Took a test drive in an LR3, and was underwhelmed by the ability of the a/c to cool the cabin.
Here in the D/FW area temps are up around 100F currently, and I'm curious to hear from all y'all who drive LR3's in the heat of the south/southwest as to your satisfaction with the cooling performance of the a/c.
My current drives which are my reference points are a Chevy Z71 Tahoe and BMW X5, which both have excellent a/c.
Thanks in advance.
Happy trails......

D

DesertRat

so so.

105 today in Tucson.

I open up the windows as I get in the vehicle to allow the hot air to escape.

It is brutal.

Then I rought it for the first few minutes.

I need to tint the front side windows.

That should help.

My x5 was way better with the ac.

Alan

F

Freeflytim

Did it have rear climate control??

My HSE does and I had an SE loaner that didn't and yeah, it got hot.

-TIM

T

texas911

Much better than the Disco I had, and after a few minutes it's cooled down very nicely, here in Houston. I tinted the front windows.

Wanted to add that I have a silver car (light colored) with Alpaca interior (also lighter). So I'm sure that helps. I'm very very satisfied with the A/C in my LR3.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toddjb123

DesertRat said:
I open up the windows as I get in the vehicle to allow the hot air to escape.

Does seem to get hotter when parked than my last dark green truck. Must be those 3 sunroofs (and the back half of our roof is pretty much a black piece of glass!)

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is black on black and so far in Houston 95degree weather it's not too bad, better then my past Mercedes SUV I had and my current C320 I have also(both silver). Whenever I leave the car, I put the front windshield shades up and bring down the rear 2 windows about 1 in, to let the hot air escape and let fresh air circulate. Sometimes I pop the sunroof up too(not open).

Man, if you don't need the extra 3rd row seats, I would get the RRS.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635