How long do you plan on keeping your LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least an other 5-7 years. Then my son will buy it.

steppenwolf

Reaction score
Sorry to go against the grain on this, but I will be returning my '06 when the lease is up in November. It's been extremely reliable but just too car-like, i.e. borrrring! A truck should be a truck! Previously had an '01 Discovery and an '04 Freelander. Wish I had kept the DII (not so much the Freelander!). Just picked up an '02 DII for about 30% of the buyout on the LR3. It'll be my Utah/Baja/Alaska ride. Now have the distinction of owning one of Consumer Reports' all-time most reliable vehicles - an S2000 roadster and the polar opposite in the DII!

Trynian

Reaction score
Sorry to go against the grain on this, but I will be returning my '06 when the lease is up in November. It's been extremely reliable but just too car-like, i.e. borrrring! A truck should be a truck! Previously had an '01 Discovery and an '04 Freelander. Wish I had kept the DII (not so much the Freelander!). Just picked up an '02 DII for about 30% of the buyout on the LR3. It'll be my Utah/Baja/Alaska ride. Now have the distinction of owning one of Consumer Reports' all-time most reliable vehicles - an S2000 roadster and the polar opposite in the DII!

A truck is a truck for what? I guess you haven't really been out on a real trail to see what it can actually do while mantaining comfort.

Here we go:
YouTube- Off Roving John Bull

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
'til death do us part...

I'm just waiting for the wife to give up on it so I can start to do real damage! She's started talking sedan, so I'm getting excited!

seanFLA

Reaction score
I figure if we keep ours til our son is through college, like my wife says, that car will be like 16 years old. That will NEVER happen! LOL I keep telling her that in order to achieve this dream goal of her's, she needs to take better care of the car (cleaning it more often, letting me know of any maintenence issues quicker, etc). But I also told her by the time he reaches college we'll have probably gone through 25 sets of tires on this thing. Especially the way they chew through them. I just put my fourth set on this week.

erankin

Reaction score
I have an 07 W 30k on it, I am a loyalist when it comes to vehicles. The older they get the more you become detailed in every little thing, I have put 100K trucks in many places and situations that others would never dare and always had the confidence because I know the maint. If you can shoot a shuttle into space for 30 years a good truck should last a while.

WKNK

Reaction score
100,000 miles on my LR3

I have a 2006 LR3 that just turned 100,000 miles. Aside from a suspension compressor going bad and the A/C compressor doing the same, it runs like a charm. I actually asked the service tech the last time I was in if there was a mileage limit I should get rid of it by, and he said yes - probably around 275,000 miles. 'Nuff said.

Trynian

Reaction score
Same here, 2006 at about 96k with some fairly hard oftroad driving as well. The sand colored one in the video.

Compressor is still original although I did change the drier during maintenance recently.

Other then that I have had the regular 30k ctrl arm bushing change in the front. Once in the back.

One shock that went out inside the strut. One bad suspension sensor. One front valve block. One torque converter seal. One rear diff bearing so the diff was replaced.

Every other repair was due to the extra beating I give it and the shock could probably fall into that group.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112