How many years did you get out of your OEM battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UTAHROVERBOY

Reaction score
105K and 6 years out of our stock battery....

We got about 105K miles out of our stock battery and most likely it was because of the alternator going out that really killed the battery.

newc_rob

Reaction score
Just replaced mine last week. I have an 08 with 60k miles. Noticed that the trip computer would reset every morning. Then started to see other service lights. Bought an Interstate battery and everything is back to normal. Also does not crank as long when starting.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to check the manufacture dates when buying new batteries (or tires for that matter) My dad just bought a two year old Sears Platinum - new on the shelf. He asked the sales person for a "new" one, which they had in stock as well. So he ended up getting two batteries, one at regular price & one at 50% off with full warranty. The "old" one went in the fork lift!

cj60

Reaction score
my 07 still have the oem battery with 56K miles, I guess I need to get a new one as the trip odemeter resets in the morning .....

4advtr

Reaction score
Is the Group 34 the best Sear Platinum size for the LR3? It looks like it should fit just want to make sure first.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at 5.5 yrs on my battery. Time for a new one before things start crazy before out hot summers. Definitely notice a longer crank in the winter.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that the 05s seem to get less life out of their batteries? I had 2 in the 7 years I owned mine. Seems like other years get more out of theirs.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A circuit design regulator within the early alternators

If you think your battery does not last as long in the 2005 units, you may be correct.

It appears that there was a redesign of the regulator that is within the alternator. If you still have the original alternator, then when you replace it, the newer alternators have the newer design B circuit regulators.

Per the link below, the early regulators were most likely an A circuit electrical design and the newer ones, now a B design. Regulator circuitry design affects how well a battery charges within a given vehicle.

http://catalogue.alternatorstarter.com/PARTDETAIL/290-5287

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery

My 06 with 52,000 just changed it last week. Did not have any problems, but living in Colorado I figured it was a good time. Did not want to come back from snowshoeing a 14'er and have a dead battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72