how much is labor in an lr dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got me thinking how much in gasoline alone does it cost to drive a LR$ for one year up here in Alberta?

Avg cost per litre (91 octane): $1.30
Avg economy 16L/100km
1 year (25 000km)
=25000km* 16L/100km* $1.30 = $5200. Yikes.

How about maintenance + gasoline+ insurance? $2250+ $5200+$1800 = $9250/year Operating Cost. Good thing the depreciation on the Capital side has leveled out lol.

npollardtx

Reaction score
If you're capable, do as much work as you can.

I replaced my control arms for $230 or so + an alignment which was free (weird story...)
WOW! I'm needing this on driver's right side for sure and I've had it done multiple times between 8 years of my LR3 and now going on 9 years of my LR4. I dread this bill every time. But I also need new rotors and full brake service, so I'm going to bite the bullet and have all done at once. I just have to figure out how much we owe in taxes before I can send it in!

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When asked I tell people they are great vehicles but they do require TLC and they have a drinking problem compounded with a taste for the expensive stuff.

Oh you mean like a psycho...ahem...significant other? The fun kind, at least as long as you can hang in there. Good analogy.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="But I also need new rotors and full brake service, so I'm going to bite the bullet and have all done at once. I just have to figure out how much we owe in taxes before I can send it in![/QUOTE]

OUCH! Stealerships love you as a customer especially when your paying stealership prices for replacement parts markups. Stealership Profits parts alone about covers replacement cost of parts if you shopped around doing your homework and the work yourself, your labor's free.

Slam Bam your out the door working within the labor book hours required to do any given repair or parts replacement.
Do you think during this rush parts given full attention to detail is applied like smoothing sheared sharp edges off steel brake pad backings from manufacture is applied including pad contact points on the brake calipers smoothed down properly like they owned it?
It they did those mechanics would be out the door for eating into the stealership profit margins.

Raised by the rule "if you can't work on it yourself don't own it". Still following dad's rule 56 years ago and counting with DIY maintenance and repairs.

It has to be over several tens of thousands of dollars saved on family vehicles plus ten motorcycles......~~=o&o>......

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Labour is not always free. If I can go out and bill a client at $200/hour my time may be better served having someone else turn the wrenches. As a third vehicle and a hobby then yes DIY FTW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM