How to disable radio when using Nav. System??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

greglees

Just bought an '04 Discovery with the HK/Becker Navigation System. Is there any way to disable or turn down the radio while listening to the voice commands from the Nav. system? Currently, the Nav commands will come in over the radio (the radio volume drops when the "person" is talking). It's not bad, but it would be nice to just listen for the commands while the radio is silent.

I am new to this site, so any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Greg Lees

J

John_A

Greg,

New owner here too.

It may be my imagination, but it seems like the nav volume and the radio volume are independent. I think I've had luck in adjusting the volume of the nav while the "person" is talking, so when the radio/CD volume is at a very low level the "person" is audible.

Also, you might try to select the nav with the radio portion off altogether.

John

G

greglees

I'll give it a try. I seem to remember when you push the "nav" button the radio or CD comes on automatically. I wondered it if might be necessary to find a dead-air spot on the AM/FM dial to tune to when using the Navigation System...

G

greglees

Just heard from my LR dealer about the Navigation volume. He said to do the following: 1) turn on radio, 2) push the "TP" button, 3) pick the pre-set marked "VOL", 4) turn the volume, using the righthand knob, to its lowest setting. I think you turn the knob to the left. That should make the radio the lowest volume and the "person" talking at the highest...

I haven't tried it yet, but will.

Greg Lees

G

greglees

It worked. The radio still plays at whatever volume you choose, but then goes to almost no volume when the voice commands broadcast.

J

John_A

Thanks for the info.

Check out page 74 on the Audio and Navigation System Manual. It looks like there are even more options for Nav announcements.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9