How To remove LR3/LR4 Plastic Caps securing Roof ditch molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoppyAnn

Reaction score
one way is to heat up a small flat screwdriver once it has heated up i just pushed it into the centre of the cap and down once you get it just about to come out the other end of the cap give it a spray with wd 40 or something similar to quickly cool it off and to ********* the rust then give it a turn between the heat and getting a good purchase on the cap they have always turned and come out for me the only thing there is is that you have to get new caps which are not that expensive I got a mixed bag from ebay which had just about every type of plastic fastener there is.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. In my case, I don't think it would matter. I got under the lip with needle nose pliers and was able to rotate one off. Two others I rotated the button cap off the stem. The trim piece had shifted forward and bound up the plastic stem against the side of the hole. I like the method and wonder if I could slot the top of the stem and try that. My entire trim is one piece. Once I lift it off, I should have better access to the holes in the mounting inserts.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also take a punch and drive the plastic piece down into the headliner.
Partially lower the headliner to retrieve the plastic piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA