HSE question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

.all

Reaction score
Hello, yesterday my husband and I bought a 2012 LR4 HSE. It was pre owned but only 3000 miles on it. I asked the dealer if it included navigation before driving 2 hours out there and through email he told me yes. I went see it the next day and I noticed that it had a nav button but I didn't mess with it. We purchased the vehicle and on the way home was trying to get it to work. Is there a trick to it? or does it have the nav capabilities but it doesn't have the software? I looked on the land rover website and when comparing models it says the 2012 LR4 HSE has nav included.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take it back and ask what the deal is. It may be missing the NAV disc. Either way, the car should still be under warranty, no?

.all

Reaction score
I'd take it back and ask what the deal is. It may be missing the NAV disc. Either way, the car should still be under warranty, no?

Yes, still under full factory warranty. I'm calling today to see what's up.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In NA, all hse's have nav. Try playing around with the setup menus, etc. but for me, hitting nav immediately gives me a disclaimer about driving safely and then it boots up . On the home screen, where it shows three columns, one each for radio, nav and phone....what does it say for nav?

.all

Reaction score
In NA, all hse's have nav. Try playing around with the setup menus, etc. but for me, hitting nav immediately gives me a disclaimer about driving safely and then it boots up . On the home screen, where it shows three columns, one each for radio, nav and phone....what does it say for nav?

This is what my home screen looks like ....

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 36

96_993TT

Reaction score
Its my understanding that the 2012 LR4's have an HD nav unit. There is not dvd disc and updates need to be downloaded by the dealer.

.all

Reaction score
I called a local LR dealer and I was told it's a possibility when a cellphone was connected via bluetooth it may have knocked it out.:confused: The service dept guy told me to do a hard reset by unhooking the battery for 10 mins then touching the nodes together for 10 seconds and putting it back. We tried that and all it did was reset my clocks radio and put my temps for a/c on Celsius.:mad: He said if that doesn't work then I need to bring it in for them to see why it's not there. the LR4 was originally purchased in March and has 3400 mi on it. Apparently the guy who had it realized he did too much driving for something with 15mpg. I'm still in full warrenty but the nearest LR dealer is roughly 2 hrs away. :frown:

.all

Reaction score
Interesting, guess something else to get you in the dealership for lol .... I hope to make it in and get it figured out.

Its my understanding that the 2012 LR4's have an HD nav unit. There is not dvd disc and updates need to be downloaded by the dealer.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stinks. I'm surprised they didn't catch this upon you taking delivery. My LR dealer gave me a quick "how to" of the truck that included pairing my phone and setting up the nav for my area.

You may consider asking them to go over the quick start guide to check some of the other electronic features for little LR gremlins since you live so far away.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea
Maybe have them raise the suspension, go to low range and test out the car on the off road track (if they have one). Also look at the 4x4 screen and make sure it works

Due to your inconvenience, maybe you could convince them to do some sort of multi point inspection

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99