I finally got it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I go back East in the wintertime, I take my Mom's Disco II out and it is very impressive. You truly feel special in a very Land Rover way.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Panama it rains 10 months of the year and when it rains it pours, flooding many of the downtown streets. I love driving in the rain with the Discovery: 100 KPH is a breeze as you watch other vehicles with their hazzard lights on at 40 KPH.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I will be driving mine somewhere in the northern midwest where winter is 8 months out of
12. Can't wait and see how it acts when it is -10 F. That said, it's time I moved somewhere nice, maybe to Arizona, or something

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather here in Northern California is beautiful - well, except for the coast where Count Laszlo lives - hehe! ;-) The SF Bay area is full of microclimates.

Sadly I do not get to try out my LR4's weather wings very often, except in the winter when we get heavy rain. The short time I've had it in the rainy season it did awesome. This year I want to take a drive up to Tahoe and see how it does in the snow. I am dying to drive the LR4 in the snow, as that is what I miss most about living in California. I moved here from Connecticut and Massachusetts, so I loved driving in the snow.

Count Laszlo, I love the Discovery Series II - those were very cool trucks. I had an original Discovery back in 2003 and it was a tank. I remember driving it home from my parent's house near Boston to the coast in Connecticut and it completely ripped up the snow. I am imagining that the LR4 would be even better now that we have Terrain Response.

Yesterday as I was at a stop light an LR4 pulled up next to me and the lady gave me a thumbs up. I don't really see a lot of LR4s on the road here in the SF Bay area, but LOTS of Range Rovers, Range Rover Sports, and LR3s.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Panama it rains 10 months of the year and when it rains it pours, flooding many of the downtown streets. I love driving in the rain with the Discovery: 100 KPH is a breeze as you watch other vehicles with their hazzard lights on at 40 KPH.
Hey alexcorral,

I am likely planning a trip to Panama next year. My uncle married a woman from Panama and I think we are going for a trip. I am really into jungle hiking, so I hope it all pans out. Though, I tend to be a bit crazy like picking up snakes and scorpions and it's not always a good thing. I got stung by a scorpion while hiking through India and it hurt a bit (hehe). Thank goodness it was not poisonous!

Do you live in a big city? If I'm in your area, we should meet up for coffee to say hello.

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you come over. I live in Costa del Este in Panama city. I'll help in any way I can (I just got here a month ago).

There's lot's of beaches (Pacific and Caribbean), jungle and mountain hiking.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you come over. I live in Costa del Este in Panama city. I'll help in any way I can (I just got here a month ago).

There's lot's of beaches (Pacific and Caribbean), jungle and mountain hiking.
Thanks, alexcorral!

I have definitely heard of Costa del Este, as I believe that's a nice suburb to the east of the city, right? I heard it has a lot of nice homes, shopping, and international companies. I will keep you posted!

-David

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ You all are lucky bastards, nice weather, pristine beaches, ****** jungles and things like that

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's right: It's a new neighborhood where most of the multinationals have set base in new office buildings. There are also lots of new high-rise apartment buildings on the coast with mostly expatriates. It works for us, since I walk 2 blocks to the office and get to go home for lunch every day.

Keep me posted on your travel plans.

Last edited:

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops

I'm so sorry, but I have been away from the forum for a while. What I meant by vanilla was only referring to the regular black and tan. No fancy shmancy colors. It's 7500 miles already and my LF and rear cameras have gone to blue screen and the rear entertainment screens go to black whenever I hit the breaks. I know these are pretty petty in the big picture, but I just think that these things should All work. I love my LR4, and really hate to lose it for a week for the fix.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM