I finally got it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue with a RR is it doesn't have the third row :(
That's a very good point! For me, that's OK. I only utilize my third row about 1-2 times a year when I have house guests (depending on the number). I wonder why RR never opted to go with a third row?

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of not having a third seat in a RR: I never have more than 2 passengers in my LR anyways. Swallowing the idea of an $80k price tag would be a challenge though. (Got to get the real thing, why bother with a pseudo RRS)

I think the reason for not offering a thrd-row seat is that a RR is in a different lifestyle/price range group than an LR4. Whoever drives a RR probably isn't expected to carry any passengers at all:tongue:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of not having a third seat in a RR: I never have more than 2 passengers in my LR anyways. Swallowing the idea of an $80k price tag would be a challenge though. (Got to get the real thing, why bother with a pseudo RRS)

I think the reason for not offering a thrd-row seat is that a RR is in a different lifestyle/price range group than an LR4. Whoever drives a RR probably isn't expected to carry any passengers at all:tongue:

Totally agree with this. The LR4 is specific to a certain buyer whereas the RR is specific as well. It's like moving up from a 5-series to a 7-series. Kids go off to college, mum and dad begin enjoy a little extra spoiling. It's a simple formula actually. And of course there are exceptions to those who purchase a RR young/and rich with no kids.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with all your comments. I lose one seat to my current baby car seat and will hopefully soon lose another to yet another baby car seat :proud:

7 seats was a top priority for our truck purchase. Our Discovery has that and SO much more :cool:

I especially liked the fact that the third row on the Discovery 4 can actually fit a grown up (I tried it myself and I'm 6'2") comfortably. Several other options we considered had a "kid only" third row. :stupid:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of driving slow, I'm mister slow in my LR. People hate me. But, I enjoy driving it like that... because, it feels good and the LR drives beautifully that way. Driving fast in the LR seems somewhat pointless...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of the opposite. I drive it like a maniac :biggrin: It cruises great at 180KPH on the Panamanian highways with no noise from the exterior. It's amazing how it accelerates (feels like a sport car :cool:)

Then again, a slow drive around the neighborhood is also nice, especially from the high position of the drivers seat with the suspension set to high (off-road), keeping it under 40 KPH

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the best range for the LR4 is between 45 and 70 mph. I've taken it to 90 and it felt very stable. Last night we had major t storms here in MA. There was local flooding my neighbor who was in the car with me commented on how stable the LR4 felt in water puddles few inches deep going about 45 mph. No hydroplaning or anything. Very solid...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the best range for the LR4 is between 45 and 70 mph. I've taken it to 90 and it felt very stable. Last night we had major t storms here in MA. There was local flooding my neighbor who was in the car with me commented on how stable the LR4 felt in water puddles few inches deep going about 45 mph. No hydroplaning or anything. Very solid...
I can't wait for winter here in CA so I can drive in the rain again! :) If I end up moving back to MA, then I'll be excited for the first blizzard - haha!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love driving around SF when those crazy coastal storms roll in. It feels like being on the bridge of a massive freighter on rough seas. I feel so safe and reassured. Such an amazing beast. I'll hit the Sierras this winter for sure.

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. The LR4 loves playing in the snow. I will take some pics when we get the first blizzard,

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM