I want to do the SERVICE myself (will or will not void warranty)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LUIZ C LABA

Reaction score
Hello there,
I cannot find a definitive answer to this.
I own a 2019 LR New Discovery and I find it absurd what they charge for maintenance.
I owned 4 LD before, and serviced them all, but now I now LEASE a New Discovery.

My lease is 39 months, and I plan to service myself, I know what to do, and will keep all pictures, receipts, etc, WILL THAT VOID WARRANTY if ever needed? AND most important, Will I have a problem when my 39 months is up and I return the vehicle?

Thanks.
LCL

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you definitely plan on keeping the Disco and buying it at the end of the lease you better read the fine print in your lease agreement. Doing your own routine maintenance won't void the warranty but it could result in a surcharge when you turn the vehicle in, just as exceeding the mileage can add substantial additional charges. This would not violate the law because purchasers of previously owned upmarket vehicles expect to get dealer maintenance records. Not having those will be a factor in the dealer's selling price of the vehicle.

dhogan12

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can access a Disco 5 repair manual? Need to replace an eval hose off the gas tank that rodents ate at and put on a tow bar. Thanks!

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can access a Disco 5 repair manual? Need to replace an eval hose off the gas tank that rodents ate at and put on a tow bar. Thanks!

There probably won't be any D5 repair manuals available before 2021, when factory warranties on the 2017 Discos will be expiring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72