idle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

30thAniversary

i have an 01 RR HSE. when i come to a stop the idle drops and then comes back up.....i cleaned the throttle body but it didnt solve the problem...any ideas?

bigbris1

Reaction score
Do a search for "stepper motor" & buy the workshop manual on CD. I got mine on ebay for about $5.

A

AVRO

Just wrestled with low idle/no idle at all, check both breather hoses and especially RH valvecover pipe and restrictor inside. Mine was totally blocked and idle was erratic.

I wrote thread to RR.net, "low idle cured"-subject.

B

BrettSanDiego

So does your username mean you have a 30th Anniversary Edition? Congrats. I've had my 30th Anniversary for 5 months now. So far so good. AVRO might be on to something. It could be related to an intake vacuum leak. I haven't yet familiarized myself with the RR intake that much, but if there is a crankcase breather hose that has a hole or tear allowing air to leak in, that could be the problem.

Good luck with tracking down your problem, and report any solution you find back to the board so the rest of us can benefit.

Brett

A

AVRO

I don´t know how sensitive B***H-engines are for breather system problems, but mine(GEMS) is is totally different after cleaning.

Idle is steady, and not dropping too low when coming to stop, also i noticed that throttle responds much better from idle to ~1500rpm. Earlier it was almost impossible to keep rpm:s around 1000, when it reach ~900 it jumps to over 1500 and when you lift foot from pedal just one mm it drops back to idle.
Now it is easy to adjust rpm:s if needed for some reason.

Also fuel consumption dropped from 22 to 18-19. We have had very cold season just now, but 22 was too much. (litres/100km)

I am happy with results.

Now i can concentrate to alternator/battery...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4