I'll be back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I'm about to be turning in my LR4. I would not have been able to own it for this long without this forum and becoming a mechanic, so I wanted to say thank you for the help and entertainment. We decided we are going to move to a Volvo, but I'm sure that someday down the line I will need my rover fix again.

I posted in the Classifieds with the tools and parts that I have left over. (GAP IID tool still available!!)
If I end up trading the car in, I will pull all the fun bits off the car first (roof rack rails, skidplate, etc) and post here as well.

I'm already starting to miss it.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volvo? Really? I mean they have neat design and all but that 4 cylinder and complete glass control is not for this old guy. Enjoy your new ride.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volvo? Really? I mean they have neat design and all but that 4 cylinder and complete glass control is not for this old guy. Enjoy your new ride.

Getting a T8 off lease from father in law, so 25 miles of all electric and 400hp combined... I think I will survive. I'm not in love with the all-glass control, but we will see if it grows on me.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess if it is a gift lol. T8 is neat but there is no way way I would own that off warranty. Would make Land Rover ownership seem frugal. No pretense of off roading I guess, better than mall crawling in a LR4?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your giving your IID took away?? I’d love to take that off your hands but how would I get the vin lock off to your car and onto mine. And if you really are selling it, how much?

Sadly, I'm about to be turning in my LR4. I would not have been able to own it for this long without this forum and becoming a mechanic, so I wanted to say thank you for the help and entertainment. We decided we are going to move to a Volvo, but I'm sure that someday down the line I will need my rover fix again.

I posted in the Classifieds with the tools and parts that I have left over. (GAP IID tool still available!!)
If I end up trading the car in, I will pull all the fun bits off the car first (roof rack rails, skidplate, etc) and post here as well.

I'm already starting to miss it.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess if it is a gift lol. T8 is neat but there is no way way I would own that off warranty. Would make Land Rover ownership seem frugal. No pretense of off roading I guess, better than mall crawling in a LR4?

Yeah I'm buying the extended CPO warranty on it...

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've obviously never used your D4 for serious offroading which is what it is designed for. Street cruising is perfect for Volvo's, BMW's, Benzes etc, but you don't take them seriously offroad. It sounds like you bought your LR for the wrong reasons. I'd keep the D4 for weekend & vacation rough country adventures & buy the Volvo for town use & highway cruising.
I would NEVER buy any vehicle built by a Chinese-owned automotive company - Volvo included!! With all
the problems that nation is now causing to Australia, U.S.A., Canada, New Zealand & most of Europe, especially in trade & tariffs ; I would not trust them regarding parts availability. Even if they're built in Europe, the company boss resides in China & calls all the shots.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you really feel? Don't hold back. lol I have had a few Volvos in the past (1800E, 760, V70R) but I wouldn't own one now. The 4 cylinder they now use in everything is quite coarse and I don't care for the full Ipad control. The biggest reason is I don't want to support a **** disturbing Communist regime. They are currently holding some of my countrymen on false charges. They may very well execute them before it is all said and done. China? No thanks. Very tough avoiding made in china items.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with avoiding communist China as much as possible, but of course I say that on my "assembled in China" laptop, etc. I have negative interest in ever traveling there.

Yes it would be great to have a dedicated off road/fun/weekend truck, but I don't need that in the form of a $15k, quickly depreciating LR4. I have a Series 2A in the garage under the knife right now for that role. I think the LR3 fills that role better than the LR4 anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99