I'm new to Land Rover. LR3 mileage question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spencermcle

Reaction score
As I said, I'm looking in to buying my first Land Rover. I'm thinking about a used 05-06 LR3, and a couple that I've found have higher mileage (about 110K miles), and low mileage (50K-80K). So my question is, which would be the better buy. I'd like to avoid as many problems as possible, so I was thinking low mileage may be better? Any input is very much appreciated. Also, anyone who owns or has owned an LR3, what did you think about it, reliability, quality, and maintenance wise?

Thanks everyone.

west coast1

Reaction score
New to Land Rover

If you are able to buy in the 50 to 80 range you will stand a better chance of coverage on OEM warranty and then transfer to extended warranty. I Bought my 2006 at 60K and it has been very good apart from a rear tailgate catch replacement (a normal fault) so as to expected issues it just depends on how well you buy and check out the LR3. Luck and maintenance come into it big time.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2005 LR3 HSE with 55,000 miles back in April. I've put about 10,000 miles on it and so far, so good. No problems and I love it. I'm actually looking into buying my wife one now. If your worried some LR dealerships are running a free 100 point checkup coupon on their website. Take the prospective purchase into the dealership and have them to a once over. I purchased the extended warranty and then later canceled it after the inspection turned up clean. (bought LR3 at a Ford dealership). I'm a very analytical person and I observe every vibration and noise in a vehicle and I read the forums religiously to see issues that others are encountering. Saying that, I still love the LR3 and in my opinion it does not have any issues that other vehicles on the road don't have. It just costs a little more to fix them if you do have one.

spencermcle

Reaction score
Thanks voltaire1102, I'm the same way about my vehicles, and you saying this about the LR3 actually put me at ease. Now I'm VERY excited to go out and find my LR3!

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your in the Houston area, I have a very well taken care of '05 that is about to be for sale... just saying :hello:

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive put 51k miles on mine in less than 2 yrs. Besides me being **** about things and its regular minor hiccups, car has been great and dont regret trading in my new Denali for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo