Indy shop/Private Mechanics in NYC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2011 LR4 with 74k miles. I've always had previous issues with my landy handled by the Glen Cove dealership out in Long Island. Now that i'm out of a warranty and I need the upcoming 75k differential and transfer case fluid swap done, can anyone recommend a good indy shop or private mechanic in the five boroughs or Long Island? I'm not really comfortable with doing differential/tranny work myself. I did a Yelp search and found a limited list of shops that actually do work on Rovers. Let me know people! I really appreciate it.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The differential and transfer case fluid change is a fairly easy job, as far as those things go. I would guess any competent mechanic could do it.

The key is to make sure they use the correct fluids. If you can find a mechanic that lets you supply your own parts, Atlantic British sells the fluids you'd need.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try it, but i don't even have jack stands, a pumping tool to put the oil in, and i heard the front skid plate is hell to get off. Maybe if i hear the prices to do the job, it'll motivate me to do it myself LOL.

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit up Hanan at All In One Auto in Brooklyn.
It’s on Coney Island ave and because of that it looks sketch but he and his crew are top notch.

Funnily enough I bought my LR4 new to me with 77k miles on it and have used him since and he has never let me down. He even shows you the parts he replaced (I now know what all my control arms and bushings look like).

He is way cheaper than the dealership. And I have sent everyone their, 3 of us have LR4’s, one Lr3, one disco and one has a VW and none of us have yet to be disappointed.

If you have any questions just ask.

Tell him Adrien with the LR4 sent you. He will know what’s up.

All in One Auto
616 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218
(718) 854-4555
https://goo.gl/maps/zGV9JwuRB6F2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I am also looking for shop recommendations in the NYC/ CT area. I am getting ready to have the front and rear crossovers replaced, and would like to go somewhere with experience. I feel like I hear constant horror stories of coolant components not being put on properly or bled correctly and owners are stuck with the same disaster they were prempitvely trying to avoid.

I currently use Classic4x4 in Fairfield, CT for a most of my maintance. They've been great, but specialize mostly in older defenders, classics, discovery 1/2, etc. In my last conversation with them, it didn't sound like they had done a lot of crossover jobs on the 5.0 which makes me a litte nervous.

Any other shops you guys can recommend in the area?

Kuro50

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I am also looking for shop recommendations in the NYC/ CT area. I am getting ready to have the front and rear crossovers replaced, and would like to go somewhere with experience. I feel like I hear constant horror stories of coolant components not being put on properly or bled correctly and owners are stuck with the same disaster they were prempitvely trying to avoid.

I currently use Classic4x4 in Fairfield, CT for a most of my maintance. They've been great, but specialize mostly in older defenders, classics, discovery 1/2, etc. In my last conversation with them, it didn't sound like they had done a lot of crossover jobs on the 5.0 which makes me a litte nervous.

Any other shops you guys can recommend in the area?
Address: 1060 Bridgeport Ave, Milford, CT 06460
Phone: (203) 783-1000

Haven‘t tried them personally but they seem to have a good reputation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA