Indy shop/Private Mechanics in NYC?

Discussion in 'LR4' started by jlach993, May 16, 2018.

1. jlach993

jlach993 Active Member

Hello all, I have a 2011 LR4 with 74k miles. I've always had previous issues with my landy handled by the Glen Cove dealership out in Long Island. Now that i'm out of a warranty and I need the upcoming 75k differential and transfer case fluid swap done, can anyone recommend a good indy shop or private mechanic in the five boroughs or Long Island? I'm not really comfortable with doing differential/tranny work myself. I did a Yelp search and found a limited list of shops that actually do work on Rovers. Let me know people! I really appreciate it.

2. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

The differential and transfer case fluid change is a fairly easy job, as far as those things go. I would guess any competent mechanic could do it.

The key is to make sure they use the correct fluids. If you can find a mechanic that lets you supply your own parts, Atlantic British sells the fluids you'd need.

3. jlach993

jlach993 Active Member

I would try it, but i don't even have jack stands, a pumping tool to put the oil in, and i heard the front skid plate is hell to get off. Maybe if i hear the prices to do the job, it'll motivate me to do it myself LOL.

4. jmars

jmars Active Member

I’d give RoverTek in Babylon a ring..

5. iconoclast

iconoclast Full Access Member

Please check your private messages. I sent you a referral.

6. rickyn f355

rickyn f355 Full Access Member

7. nymoto

nymoto Well-Known Member

Hit up Hanan at All In One Auto in Brooklyn.
    It’s on Coney Island ave and because of that it looks sketch but he and his crew are top notch.

Funnily enough I bought my LR4 new to me with 77k miles on it and have used him since and he has never let me down. He even shows you the parts he replaced (I now know what all my control arms and bushings look like).

He is way cheaper than the dealership. And I have sent everyone their, 3 of us have LR4’s, one Lr3, one disco and one has a VW and none of us have yet to be disappointed.

If you have any questions just ask.

Tell him Adrien with the LR4 sent you. He will know what’s up.

All in One Auto
    616 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218
    (718) 854-4555
    https://goo.gl/maps/zGV9JwuRB6F2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk