Installing Accessories....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

texas911

How hard is it to install the mud flaps and side molding? Can a handy DIYer handle this? I found a great website that has LR3 accessories (OEM) for 30% off list price. Which is pretty goood. Thinking about ordering it and installing myself.

T

tzucc

I put on the mudflaps. The directions are just pics and a bit cryptic, but eventually I figured it all out. For the rear flaps, I had to bend the heat shield foil so as to access one of the fasteners. Don't forget to bend it back.

For the fronts, I had to take one tire off in order to drill a new hole since the existing hole didn't quite line up with the mudflap holes. That was a bit of a pain, since then I felt incumbent to go and get a tire torque wrench to properly tighten the tire lugs.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mudflaps are DIY...very easy.

Side moldings are just double sided tape installed. Not hard, but you need to be sure where you want to place them and have a steady hand. The good news, is that if you mess up, they do come off. I had them on for 3 weeks and decided I didn't like them. Heated them with a hair dryer and they peeled right off.

L

luvmylr3

mudflaps

Installed mudflaps front and rear. No problems, raised vehicle to off road setting. For fronts I turned the wheels left and right to give me enough room to use a short screwdriver. Took about 1 hr to do all four.
-jim

T

tzucc

damn... that was a good idea! I could have saved removing the tire had I gone with that method.

T

texas911

Thanks, ordered the mud flaps and side molding. Today I got the front windows tinted and may get clear bra installed.

F

Freeflytim

texas911 said:
autowebaccessories.com

I ordered my flaps and door sills from here also. Not knowing anything about them, I was a little shakey ordering... But got all of it packaged nicely in about 10 days. :)

-TIM
Tennessee USA

T

texas911

Yea, they're prices are great but it takes them forever to ship. I guess they're just gearing up. I'm thinking about getting the rear guards next. Then the roof racks, just to make it more rugged looking.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9