Installing hitch mount bike rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of trying to stuff both me and my wife's bike in the cargo space, I've decided to just get a hitch mount bike rack. What parts do I need in order for the LR to receive the bike rack?

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obviously, you can get them anywhere, but here are the links to Atlantic British
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/LR040248G.cfm

Here is a cheaper alternative:
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/LR019990ABP.cfm

If you get the OEM version, make sure you get the newer variant as it does not hang down as low as the original part. I mate this to the Thule Apex carrier with good results. Others have posted perhaps better, and I assume more expensive, options. Search this site for other bike carriers...

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are not in hurry, try to find deals on ebay....I got mine(brand new) for only $300, no tax and free shipping.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to get the oem hitch and the kuat nv core rack in flat black. I'll post pics when everything's installed

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are not in hurry, try to find deals on ebay....I got mine(brand new) for only $300, no tax and free shipping.
Wow that's a great price. I just ordered mine for $407 from Jaguar Land Rover Hilton Head on ebay. That was the best price there for "Buy It Now" and it claimed I should receive it by Friday with free expedited shipping.

I think I'll get the Thule APEX 4-bike swing rack. It's on sale at REI this week. So all in all it'll cost me over $800 for the hitch and bike rack. Ouch!

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using Kuat NV and love it. It is very secure, and although it is not rated for "off road", I've used it driving some pretty rough roads to access trailheads and it held bikes securely.

Definitely get the 3rd gen (current model) hitch receiver. It works great and is much cleaner than the earlier models.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that is a nice rack. I really like the built in bike stand...

So for all you bikers... what do you ride?

Im on a Yeti ASR5c w/ X0

imagelyl.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.com
imagehdc.jpg
imagetkkg.jpg
imagebwp.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics