Instrument panel blinks. Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2011 lr4 with a blinking instrument cluster. The car starts and runs. The temp did drop to zero last night. The tachometer and speedometer vibrate even whe I turn the vehicle off and come back an hour later without the key on me. Additionally the navigation and the climate continually switch from back and forth to metric every few seconds.

Reaction score
I had the battery tested at autozone and at a small shop. Both said battery is good. I want it to be the battery but it starts up. Someone mentioned the voltage control module.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ryanjl it is getting close to the three year mark but two place tested it.

Those quickie tests don't truly test a battery. Your battery can start the car but still be on its way out. The giveaway to me is the climate switching to Celsius. Has the time changed to military time, too?

At three years, you are at the point were most batteries on an LR4 have given up the ghost. Mine only lasted 2.5 years, and it was a top-end Interstate. Regardless if your problem is the battery or not, it's a good place to start because you are on seriously borrowed time with yours anyway.

I would think a voltage control module would throw an error code.

Reaction score
@ryanjl I agree that it is about time to replace the battery. The switching to Celsius happens every couple seconds, as does the navigation switching from MPH to KPH.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM