Interior lights - at the beach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethlow

Reaction score
Hi - We Take out LR3 on the beach all time time here in Massachusetts. Having your SUV on the beach is priceless. We usually park with the kids and open up the back (makes an excellent changing table). Here is the problem. With the back open, we are also constantly opening the side doors to check the time, get more toys, etc. Each time we do this the interior lights all go on and I have to manually turn them off by hitting the middle button in front of the sunroof. How can I turn the interior lights off completely while we are at the beach? Thanks, -Seth

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy. Press and hold the center dome light button. They will blink and a msg will come on the dash saying that the auto interior lights are off. This means you can open/close the doors and the lights will stay off.

This feature is priceless, as I do exactly as you say very very often. We go camping, etc., and have the kids in the back all day, weekend, week, long. This is such a fantastic vehicle for actually using outdoors. Perfect.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
schafari is right on. Got to hold it for about 5 seconds or so, then it flashes and will stay off regardless of door position until you press and hold it again to resume normal operation.

In the "off mode" you can still manually turn it on by pressing it momentarily like normal.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a cool feature I never knew about. I love this forum!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use that a lot, mostly when trying to keep sleeping folks asleep (kids, for example) while I'm unloading the vehicle after a long trip at night...

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great! I never knew that and have the same issue! I love finding out new things about my Truck... its like a new Truck without spending more money. HEy - anyone got a cooler box they want to get rid of? or side steps...

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is great to remember next time i do a clean on the interior. lights were always a pain.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy the cooler box now. If I recall, it is about $380 at places like Rover Connection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635