Interior Wood Trim set part number for 2012 Luxury Limited Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, not sure how would it look afterwards, would it darken it?

It should. It also depends on what varnish shade you use. The way it will look will mainly be based on how skillfully you apply it.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Varnish is the wrong product to use IMHO. I'd use an enamel lacquer or polyurethane, harder finish better results. You'd be best off spraying the parts. You could always wrap them in CF for that high tech look!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Varnish is the wrong product to use IMHO. I'd use an enamel lacquer or polyurethane, harder finish better results. You'd be best off spraying the parts. You could always wrap them in CF for that high tech look!

Most varnish I've used are polyurethane based... In any case, any of the products mention above could help attain the results desired.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
Thanks for the offering the trade, Surfrider. I didn't go for the piano black as I preferred the wood with my beige interior.

And, yes I was able to track down the part numbers (They are sold as individual pieces and not as kit so I am told). I'll let you guys guess the cost (parts only, without installation) first, then will tell you the part numbers and the cost I was quoted :)

I am surprised that there is no aftermarket solutions.

Was walking around my neighborhood today and spotted a parked GX-470, rich looking, dark wood interior, ridiculous that LR has cheaped out on such an expensive SUV as LR4 and no options at all as well. They should have given better options for at least the HSE LUX version.
@manoftaste can you let me know those part numbers? Just acquired my dream spec LR4 and this would be the cherry on top. You asked for a guess for parts price, so I’ll bite. $2k?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM