iPhone 4 does not work with cable supplied w/LR 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmymca777

Reaction score
Re my 2010 LR4 - The armrest cable which plugs into "iPod" that connected my iPhone 3Gs does not work with my new iPhone 4. The cable does not 'click' in the way it does with the older phone. My dealer (Prestige NJ) shrugged their shoulders and said talk to Apple. The Apple store shrugged their shoulders and said talk to Land Rover...

The Bluetooth works with the new phone but without the cable, not the 'iPod' functionality. Obviously I can use the old phone as an 'iPod' but not the point. When will LR offer a cable to support the iPhone 4 ? Any suggestions on how to yet get an answer...?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iphone 4 came after LR4, I'd ask apple which accessory cord can be purchased so it will work.

jimmymca777

Reaction score
Apple store in NYC (Chelsea) said they don't have anything and said, politely, take it up with LR as the original armrest cable came from them. It's up to LR to supply a cable that works. Likely issue for the upcoming next generation of iPod...

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cable fits OK. Its a little tight, but still fits. However, I can't get audio out of the iPhone 4 when connected to the car via the cable

jimmymca777

Reaction score
My cable fits too but doesn't lock in and thus doesn't connect to produce the sound. LR needs to introduce a new iPod input cable as Apple have changed the input design on this new generation iPhone and I suspect for the next iPod therefore as well. How do we ensure LR take note?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Land Rover will be producing a new cable everytime Apple reinvents it's products.
The real solution is for Land Rover to go to a USB connector, and then you could use the cable you use @ home.
Until then, you could contact consumer affairs to get your input heard.

Jonesy

Reaction score
I'd stake my mortgage on the fact you guys are using covers on your iPhone 4's to cure the reception 'issue' they are renowned for. Take the cover off your phone and you will find out that it's not land rover or apples fault you are experiencing this problem, it's the cover you have not having a large enough hole in it to fully accept the iPhone/iPod connectivity lead

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with Jonesy. The cable fits my iPhone4 just fine, with full functionality. As you know, apple did not change their cable config from earlier iPhones to the 4, its the same connector sine the 1st Gen. The LR supplied cable even charges my iP4, which it did not with my 1st Gen iPhone.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd stake my mortgage on the fact you guys are using covers on your iPhone 4's to cure the reception 'issue' they are renowned for. Take the cover off your phone and you will find out that it's not land rover or apples fault you are experiencing this problem, it's the cover you have not having a large enough hole in it to fully accept the iPhone/iPod connectivity lead

Yup, I found this out when I plugged my Iphone with the bumper into my existing car charger. I did get a chuckle with this post reading that people didn't quite figure it out and went all the way as to talk to LR and Apple about it.

I hope no one gave the LR4 a bad reliability review for it ; )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112