iPhone 4S Siri works through bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to find out that the Siri voice assistant feature on my iPhone 4S works through the LR4 audio system through bluetooth. I can start Siri and then put the phone down on the seat, using the car microphone and speakers. Sending text messages handsfree is a great feature. I can also have the phone remind me to do a task when I arrive at a specific location. I am finding the new iPhone incredibly useful in the LR4.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you send a text hands free with siri?

You need to manually start Siri, but then you can put the iPhone down and tell it "text to [contact name] followed by your message." So it's hands free after you start Siri and Siri will read out loud your message and ask you if you want to send it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to find out that the Siri voice assistant feature on my iPhone 4S works through the LR4 audio system through bluetooth. I can start Siri and then put the phone down on the seat, using the car microphone and speakers. Sending text messages handsfree is a great feature. I can also have the phone remind me to do a task when I arrive at a specific location. I am finding the new iPhone incredibly useful in the LR4.
Very cool! I am getting the 4S next month, as I love the voice activated texting - definitely!

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I just picked up my 4S today and Siri is really cool.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I just picked up my 4S today and Siri is really cool.
OK you guys are making me want to get the 4S!!! :tongue:
I currently have the 3GS, and is still pretty happy with it. I was going to wait until next summer for the iPhone 5.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the 3GS, and is still pretty happy with it. I was going to wait until next summer for the iPhone 5.

Sorry to tempt you, but you will also find it noticeably faster and the camera is much better.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just got the 4s 2 days ago and had to go out and play with the damn thing after reading your post! SIRI thru bluetooth is awsome! Thanks for the headsup!

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Listen, I was on te same state of mind, but I had to get the 4s and I dont regret it. It's a great toy. Besides, I got the 16G for $199 and sold my 3GS for $135 on a website. Granted, I have to deal with AT&T for 2 more years but oh well. The othe rthing is that neither my LR3 or LR4 bluetooth worked with my 3G or 3GS. Just go buy a new phone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99