Speakers not working but stereo is operational?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangaBanga

Reaction score
G'day legends would greatly appreciate any advice in regards to the stereo in my
2012 Range Rover Evoque Si4 2lt petrol. I recently purchased the car via an auction house and received it yesterday, upon first inspection I found the stereo to be functional but couldn't get any sound to play through speakers.

All the functions of stereo are working. Radio, Cd, Bluetooth and Aux are all functional but can't get sound to omit from speakers. I heard one split second buzz when connecting Aux cord but not certain it came from the speakers. The car is immaculate and I can't see any signs of tampering or replacement of anything related to the stereo.

I tried disconnecting the battery and touching positive and negative leads and it didn't seem to reset to factory like I have seen mentioned in various Land/Range Rover posts.
I did only hold leads together for less then 30 seconds so that could have something to do with it not factory resetting.

I looked at fuses in luggage compartment and could not see any 40 amp fuses related to the amp as mentioned in owners manual but saw the 5amp fuse in what seemed to be the correct position as mentioned in the owners manual.
I looked in the F11 fuse housing for the 40amp and it seems to not have any connection points (little silver clips to recieve fuse) inside the actual F11 fuse housing.
Does anyone have experience with this or be able to point me in the right direction?

If u made it through all of that I appreciate you and am thankful for you taking the time to do so. Tia for any assistance you can offer and am open to any suggestions you may have in regards to this issue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut