Irene

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you on the east coast, good luck. I am on Long Island, which is currently in Irene's crosshairs (hopefully it will move further east by the weekend). Nervous to have to leave my month-old LR4 outside in the driveway, but our single car garage gets the old MB convertible for this storm (less easy to replace, for sure). While I love the outward visibility on the truck, not so thrilled at the moment that the entire roof is glass! I can only imagine what a big tree branch could do to it...:eek:

That being said, I have a feeling I might be testing out some of the off-roading and water-fording capabilities of the truck in the next few days.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the damage is minimal...but I love driving through "weather" and this is the perfect vehicle for it. :)

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Land Rover doesn't take the time to film their vehicles in these types of elements helping people. Would be a good ad campaign. Best of luck to those in Irene's path. Goblue95 u should take some pictures and post them on here.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey goblue95,

Best of luck with the upcoming storm! My family is in Boston, so I am a little nervous. I currently live in the SF Bay area, but moved here from the coast of Connecticut. Thank goodness I sold my house, or I would be really worried right now.

I am hoping and praying everyone is safe during the storm! I hope everything is just fine and you get to drive through some not so terrible weather conditions.

Everyone in the path of storm, keep us posted!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Cape cod here,
Getting ready for Irene. LR4 all gassed up. And ready to pull any tree limbs that fall. went out to dinner tonight and it was almost like a ghost town in Hyannis. Usually on a Friday night in august it is very busy....

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Martha's Vineyard closing up the house for the hurricane. I was there during Bob but this one may be less of an impact than Bob was.
I agree about all the glass. Unfortunately a lot of homes in the Boston area do not have real garages! No where to hide. What I've got is filled with my M38 jeep, wood working tools, dive gear, etc. Good luck to everyone on the South-facing coasts!

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Martha's Vineyard closing up the house for the hurricane. I was there during Bob but this one may be less of an impact than Bob was.
I agree about all the glass. Unfortunately a lot of homes in the Boston area do not have real garages! No where to hide. What I've got is filled with my M38 jeep, wood working tools, dive gear, etc. Good luck to everyone on the South-facing coasts!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No power since Saturday morning. Pumps don't work so no water either. Makes life interesting when you loose the things you take for granted. power has been restored to most of cape cod but for some reason not here yet. Thank God no one was hurt and we are all fine. My kids have been sleeping better since it is so dark and quiet! Frankly me too.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No power since Saturday morning. Pumps don't work so no water either. Makes life interesting when you loose the things you take for granted. power has been restored to most of cape cod but for some reason not here yet. Thank God no one was hurt and we are all fine. My kids have been sleeping better since it is so dark and quiet! Frankly me too.
Hey baobay,

I hope power is restored soon! My parents live West of Boston and did not lose power. They have a huge generator though, so that is definitely a great thing in times like this. I am so glad to hear everyone and everything is OK. Keep us posted!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey baobay,

I hope power is restored soon! My parents live West of Boston and did not lose power. They have a huge generator though, so that is definitely a great thing in times like this. I am so glad to hear everyone and everything is OK. Keep us posted!

-David

Finally got power back, thank God!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM