Is there a "jack mode" for the LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
I am in agreement that the factory jack is a P.O.S. Mine bent after one use as well.
I'm going to start looking for a replacement before I go on anymore runs. Suggestions?

I just use a 4 ton bottle jack. It is pretty small and easy to stow. There is also a smaller 2 ton that would work but it isnt that tall so you have to block it to get the wheels off the ground.

There is no good lift spot that I know of on a stock LR3 for a hi lift.

I can confirm that my suspension still operates with the tailgate open. But not with one of the other doors open.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find, but is 6 ton capacity too much? A 2 ton jack more than handles one corner at a time, and is more compact and weighs 6.5 lbs rather than 11.4, easier to keep in car. Is 13+ " of max lift rise enough for one corner of our vehicles? The 6 ton unit rises another 5 inches, so that might matter.

Trynian

Reaction score
Nice find, but is 6 ton capacity too much? A 2 ton jack more than handles one corner at a time, and is more compact and weighs 6.5 lbs rather than 11.4, easier to keep in car. Is 13+ " of max lift rise enough for one corner of our vehicles? The 6 ton unit rises another 5 inches, so that might matter.

I prefer the smaller myself. But it will not lift the wheel off the ground when jacking at the frame without a block under it. There is a nice dimple under the lower A-arm on each wheel that works well only if you put the vehicle in normal or in access height if you have a short enough one. Only have to raise the jack a few notches to get a wheel off the ground.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have found my jack. The company is called Quaddro Technologies. Shot them
an E-mail and waiting for thier response. Thing looks awsome!

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted; that looks nice.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full production does'nt start until beginning of 09. I'm on the waiting list. So we will see.

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did they mention anything about price or US distributorship? Looks very nice.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative, all they said was to be patient. So I'll post when I hear back from them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99