Johnson Rods vs Proud Rhino

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided on the Johnson Rods. The lower lift should have less impact to on road driving dynamics and the Johnson Rods I had on my LR4 for a decade were great quality. I do hope Gap Diagnostics releases the IID tool soon though

Jayd33

Reaction score
After reviewing many threads on JR vs PR lifts on various forums, youtube comments, and Instagram posts, I came to the conclusion there's a negligible difference in quality between the two, but more importantly, these lifts are a non-stressed part when installed. Still, I usually drink the "more expensive must mean better" juice. Was about to check out then noticed the high shipping fees from JR while PR was free. I don't mind paying a higher cost for better equipment, but I dunno--- I just detest paying for shipping, especially for small, light items that can get delivered through standard USPS mail. So Proud Rhinos for me I guess. They also started making 1" lifts if you're truly worried about driving dynamics.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Lucky8 stuff, but I would recommend neither.
Get or make adjustable rods for for now and after GAP IIDtool supports Defender2

these: https://amzn.to/30y544W << do not buy these, just an example
**Not sure how different the LR3/LR4/RRS rods are from Defender in length**

Adjustable will give you infinitely more options in the future,

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Proud Rhinos for me I guess. They also started making 1" lifts if you're truly worried about driving dynamics.

Where did you find 1" Proud Rhinos? I've not been able to locate. At least not on Lucky 8's site or through a search, but I haven't called them. I know Johnson makes 1.5".
Thanks !

Jayd33

Reaction score
Where did you find 1" Proud Rhinos? I've not been able to locate. At least not on Lucky 8's site or through a search, but I haven't called them. I know Johnson makes 1.5".
Thanks !

Someone requested a 1" lift on Instagram and Lucky8 made them one and said they were available for sale. Try shooting them an email or give them a call. I'm sure they'll sell you a set.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut