Proud Rhino bumper, bolts, and washer tank.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wehtjns

Reaction score
So I just picked up a new (never installed) Proud Rhino bumper on a pretty decent deal. The bumper was ordered but never installed, as during the wait time the vehicle was involved in an accident and totaled. My car is the LR4 2012.

I have several questions, that maybe some of you can help with. I already reach out to lucky8, the seller of the Proud Rhino bumper and they were not all that particularly helpful.

I can’t seem to find any instructions guides and lucky8 basically said it’s take off the old bumper and bolt on the new one. But you need cut the fenders to fit.

I also saw some folks recommended to drill out the old bolts and replace with them grade eight nuts and bolts.

I’m not oppose to doing this, but how many, length of bolts would I need? I'm assuming just grade 8 would be fine.

Any other suggestions for the install etc. Lessons learned etc. I did order the washer bottle relocation kit from lucky8.

I'm hoping to buy a warn zeno 10s winch from a neighbor a few doors down to use with this bumper.

I read some folks who have drill out holes for the front parking sensors? Any idea what the required hole size would be? and / or for the headlight washers too? If not, any idea for the settings in the gap software to disable the sensors. I have a gap tool / software.

Thanks for any guidance, thoughts, pictures, suggestions. Nathan

wehtjns

Reaction score
IMG_8385.jpeg

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wehtjns

Reaction score
Yes I saw that, and there was some good information.

I do have some additional information to share for anyone else who may need this.

Per Tactical 4x4,

The bolts needed, 1/2-13 x1" x8 bolts. Use a 1/2 drill bit to drill the weld and pop off the the old bolds.

From McMaster-carr 10x High-Strength Grade 8 Steel Zinc-Aluminum Coated, 1/2"-13 Thread Size, 1" Long bolts cost around $9

Tactical4x4 also sell a new smaller custom made windshield washer tank, which is smaller for $157 plus shipping.

They reported the parking sensor holes are 1 1/4". "But the LR4 needs a little modification for the sensors as the
sensors are a little smaller. They use a plastic plug and we drill a 5/8 hole in to make it work in the 1 1/4 hole." I don't understand this and will provide clarification soon.

Thank you,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA