Just Bought a 98' Range Rover and a SRS Fault is indicated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V

Vasir

Hello all, ill be reading around alot now that i got a range rover,
I have a problem. the steering wheel colum got stuck and when i was beating it and hitting it after being frustrated the steering wheel slid to the bottom setting and got stuck, and the SRS fault was indicated right afterwards.
well i fixed the coloum myself with pliers and what not and i replaced the cover and its good as new, but the SRS fault is still on...GRR!!! i figured maybe if i rest the ECU, it might go away? and if it doesnt, then ill get it fixed or atleast diagnosed to see if its urgent...i mean, im kinda broke now, paid for my car cash, and im only 18, so that reallydrained me out...any kind of help or suggestions would be wonderful! thanks!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell the Rangie and buy a Honda.

Seriously, though, rethink the whole "beat it till it works" / "fix it with pliers" philosophy on the steering column. Getting the SRS light reset might be expensive, but it beats getting an airbag deployment in the chops for no good reason.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72