K&N Air Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GALR3

Reaction score
Considering upgrading when I change out the current filter. Anyone try it? Any noticeable difference??

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not notice a difference but with replacement costs it should pay for it self espicially if you are doing more off road and getting dirty. :smile:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, they are known to **** your MAF's on all D2 and many other vehicles and they are by far one of the dirtyest filters on the market. Stick with a goof "Factory" air filter and save your money.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed K&N on my LR3, 20K + miles since install; no issues... yet.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering upgrading when I change out the current filter. Anyone try it? Any noticeable difference??
Actually it's a downgrade. K&N's don't filter as well as good paper filters ( I use Wix).
The difference is a dirtier engine.

Rhazer

Reaction score
We went to the desert last week, my friend in his 2004 RR, and my LR3 , first time taking it properly offroad ( LR3( , he took me to an ADVANCED course in the desert, a place they call the pyramids.
well , i got stuck in a big BOWL , he tried to come down and got stuck, car sliding slowly towards mine in the center, no way to come out of there.Suddenly his car turned off....wouldnt start, he had changed the MAF sensor 3 days before that, all i did was lower tires to 7 PSI and i finally was able to pull out.
Opened his K&N air filter and it was absolutely LOADED with red sand.......so was all his engine on the inside...sand was everywhere.

My engine was as clean as new, even the air filter....

I had told him earlier about removing the K&N, but he never listened.So we got the car started again somehow, and left and found a nice place to camp....Next day his car wouldnt turn on unless he gives it gas and kept the throttle on....we had to tow it away...
guess what,
the new MAF got screwed, so did a pipe line, burst, and so did a thermostat sensor or something, we went we got the parts , and even the expert their told him to only use a paper filter and offered him a good one for around 50$.

He refused.he took his car yesterday from the garage after it was fixed , total cost around 500$ with labour....

I just cant convince him , he says he feels theres at least 10% increase in power....

I didnt feel a thing.
I wouldnt be caught dead with any other filter than the oem or a paper filter.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, this is like asking about religion. . . Millions have used K&N with nothing but great things to say about them. Others will fear monger and come up with um, shall we say unbelievable horror stories. The fact is that the K&N is a great product. If it did cause spontaneous engine failures via an engine that was "loaded with red sand on the inside. . ." and somehow will "**** your MAF on all D2. . ." the company would no longer be around. Don't let the fear mongerers scare you. Just follow the directions on it when cleaning, etc.

Again, it is like religion. . . Folks have a very passionate belief or disbelief in the concept, regardless of science and facts. . . . "kills your MAF on all D2's. . ." That made laugh a little.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo