K&N filter for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

Very easy, thanks for the post, link, and pre-filled cells. Count me in.

N

Nomad232

Not to be a stick in the mud but I wouldn't use a K&N filter for an off road vehicle since they let by a lot of particles. I guess if you keep it on the road then you have nothing to worry about...but using one with a snorkle is not very bright in my eyes.

Nomad

T

tommithy

IIRC there have been many tests that show K&N filters actually filter better then any paper media filters.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was much controversy about this. It probably never ended.

Here are some air filter test results, including K&N: http://home.usadatanet.net/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm

Personally, if I didn't see much dirt/dust... I might use K&N air filters just from the "recycle" point of view. Other than that, paper is it for me. I've used K&N on street cars without any issue.

If you do use K&N air filters while off-road in LR3, I'd at least recommend cleaning them more often than usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tommithy

Interesting test results. I've never seen those. They show that a clean K&N "flows" more but also lets more dirt in. Totally contradictory to other tests I have seen. Guess I'll have to go do some more research before I decide if I'll purchase one.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
There is also the debate that the oil used after cleaning the filter cause problem with the mass air flow dectors. I have been told this by dealer and non-dealer service people.

N

Nomad232

When I do my border to border trip in the DiscoNomad I will surely be bringing along a couple genuine Land Rover air filters. Even with the snorkle you still take in dust (especially when driving in caravan) and a filter is very important component that must be changed frequently.

dbregman

Reaction score
Wanted to revived this thread, as I am planning a couple of desert trips in the near future.

Should I look at a K&N as a replacement / spare, or some other filter?

Thanks,
David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4