Kayaks limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just mounted my Thule crossbars with Tracker II towers and the LR3 foot kit. Found 2 new Thule 835XT kayak kits on eBay for $90 each and I'm ready to roll.

Attachments

• DSC_3180xx.jpg
    DSC_3180xx.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 68

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Just picked up a Hobie outfitter. Its a cool boat but given the weight of kayak and height of LR, it takes a few tries to throw it up there. I was considering to switch out the 58" Yakima cross bars to the next size up so I can rest the boat on extended part of the bar but its still a challenge. Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• LR3 and HOBIE Outfitter 2013.jpg
    LR3 and HOBIE Outfitter 2013.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 28

northwind

Reaction score
i haul a 17.6 and 15.6 canoes, Yakima boots and towers on my factory rails, towers snap in and out with ease. Bars are 58" which allows plenty of room to fit two canoes, load stops to keep em in place and straps across the side and one on the front and rear. maybe a little overdone but last year i got caught in a storm with 50-70 mph winds, nothing budged while i was driving until i found a place to pull over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4