Key Fob...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my "Unlock" button has finally worn through on my 2005 LR3... open to circuitry...

I see replacement fobs on eBay for less than $10 bucks...

Is it easy to "gut" my current fob and install the innards and key into a new fob?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good question, I have the same problem, but online information was not conclusive enough to me to be sure. Hopefully someone knows.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had to open up both of my fobs to resolder the battery. The most difficult part was opening the fob up, even more so because I was trying not to damage the outside. If you are not concerned about preserving the existing shell, then opening up the fob should be somewhat easier. I found having the key halfway open and inserting a tool into the opening that had been created was the easiest way to pry apart the fob. The inner transmitter and the key shank easily come out. It's a little tricky putting the key shank back in as the spring has to be positioned a certain way, but I don't think it will be a problem for people on this forum.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't pm the links either... send an e-mail address to me we'll get you a link. bbyer send me the one via e-mail and i'll pass it on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635