key won't come out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toecutter

Reaction score
hello again my key will start and turn off but it won't remove all the way. i have put in a new switch but the problem still persists,although not all the time. ithink it is the park switch.is there a way to disable this feature on the ignition switch.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello again my key will start and turn off but it won't remove all the way. i have put in a new switch but the problem still persists,although not all the time. ithink it is the park switch.is there a way to disable this feature on the ignition switch.

Is the key turnig all the way off? if not the problem may be in the gearshift. If the park light on the floor selector is not lit up the key will not turn all the way off. The car will shut off but the key will not come out. The problem may be with the switch in the console. Mine is a little sticky and can be a pain at times.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the key turnig all the way off? if not the problem may be in the gearshift. If the park light on the floor selector is not lit up the key will not turn all the way off. The car will shut off but the key will not come out. The problem may be with the switch in the console. Mine is a little sticky and can be a pain at times. When I say mine I mean a 2000 DII, not sure what you have.

toecutter

Reaction score
the key will turn till the radio shuts off but it won't go all the way back to the rear wher u pull the key out. i thought it was the ignition so i got a used one that was still tight. didn't fix the problem completely but it did help, only does it every other time. it is a96 sr7 d1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635