Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floridarover

Reaction score
I have inquired of this before but please excuse my re-visit to this question. I called the dealer today about an extra keyless entry fob that I found inside my D1 when I purchased it. The code on the inside (white sticker) is different than the one that actually works with the vehicle. He said "sure bring it on in, we can hook it up to the computer and reprogram it so that it will also work with your vehicle". Now, this is a '95 D1 and I don't see a mini USB hookup or any sort plug for that matter. He said that they would only charge me one hour labor to do this ($109.00), at which time I lost my mind. These FOB's are not state of the art, very handy, but don't look to complicated. Does anybody know how to change the frequency. I would just like to have a second keyless entry. As always, advice is greatly appreciated.

Also, saw a great sticker on a LR the other day, it said, "I got your Jeep thing, and now it burns when I ***". Good stuff.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope the following info helps:

Programming for 94, 95 models (one-button models).

1. Starting conditions: ignition off, doors unlocked, hood switch depressed.
2. Carry out instructions 3. to 9. within 8 seconds.
3. Switch ignition ON.
4. Switch ignition OFF.
5. Lock doors.
6. Unlock doors.
7. Release hood switch.
8. Switch ignition ON.
9. Switch ignition OFF. If alarm is correctly accessed, horn will sound and LED will light. It is now possible to program two handsets of correct frequency to vehicle alarm ECU. This must be carried out within two minutes.
10. Press and hold down button on first handset until dash LED flashes.
11. Repeat instruction 10. for second handset.
12. The LED will extinguish if both handsets have been programmed correctly.

floridarover

Reaction score
Wow........I will have to print that out and have that in hand. I won't be able to chew gum and do all of that at the same time. Many thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4